Hi

Has anyone experienced performance increases with this update? Also are there any disadvantages to this update. Any input would be appreciated as I'm always wary of updating right away.

thx Lee

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your first question is a bit general, in that, it depends on several factors.  Unless everyone was running stock right now, then it would be easier to gauge, but with 3rd party add-ons, performance metrics wouldn't be reliable enough to give you the feedback you're looking for.  I could easily tell you that in the default Cessna 172SP, with stock scenery and default weather, I was getting upper 50's, which is true, and that performance level has been the same, even from PB17, but I don't typically fly with that aircraft, and I use 3rd party mesh and ortho, which that combination, drops my frames into the low 40's max.  This isn't indicative of issues with the sim itself, but the 3rd party development of add-ons, which for the most part, are evolving with each iteration of XP.

If you are wanting to really play it safe, as well as test new updates, just create another install on XP11 and let it do it's thing.  If you aren't satisfied with the latest update, you can go back to the original install.

As to your second question, I never see disadvantages, since XP is an evolving sim.  If you keep up with Ben Supnik's blog, he's given a somewhat rough outline of the path to 11.1 and 11.2, as well as calling out some features being fixed, tweaked or new ones being developed.

• Upvote 1