Sign in to follow this  
sjed

Lost shadows password

Steve, I've updated to version 3.3 and when I went to reinstall the cloud shadows, I can't find my password. Can you post me with instructions on reaquiring it. It was purchased through Fastspring

SJED

Does one actually need to reinstall Cloud Shadows?

I uninstalled the libraries, then installed v3.3. My Add-on option button still exists and the settings for Cloud Shadows are still there. Haven't flown in FSX yet, but everything in the DX10 Application looks normal.

Do I need to reinstall Cloud Shadows too?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

No you don't need to reinstall cloud shadows.

Sjed can you include your name or send it to me as a PM - I am afraid that I cannot identify you!  Do not post your license - just your surname will do.

Thank you for your quick response. I found an old email from Fastspring support and was able to get my information.  Just for the record, I did install version 3.3 per your instructions. Uninstall libraries, remove DX10 fixer and then reinstall Ver. 3.3. When I got to the Addon section, it showed that I needed my license key, which I did not have. That's why I needed to obtain my key.

SJED

You actually don't need to remove the fixer to update it or even uninstall the libraries . 

Just run the new installer - see the pinned post on updating.

I've been doing it my way since I got the original dx10 fixer. I think this may have been an earlier recommendation of updating and has since changed to a new method. Thanks for the info.

SJED

Yes Ed,  you are absolutely correct, originally you had to uninstall but after one of the reviews mentioned it as an issue I improved the process.  There is no harm in at all in doing it the old way and it really doesn't take very long to do so.