Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

AFCAD Approach Question

Here's one for the AFCAD experts.

I've noticed a few of my addon payware airports don't include approaches in the AFCAD but of course do provide the appropriate ILS frequencies and heading should they apply to the given runways. The latest payware addon I noticed this with was Baku by DDesign.

My question is, if the AFCAD has ILS frequencies and headings and if the airport is IFR will AI still land without the AFCAD having any approaches in it? For myself I don't care because I don't really use the built in FSX ATC or any addon ATC, but I don't want to land at a deserted airport due to the AI not being given any IFR approaches to the ILS.

Secondly, if the AI are going to need the approaches, could I simply export the approaches from the stock FSX AFCAD and then open the payware AFCAD and then import those approaches and then compile it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Part of an AFCAD file is the initial exclude statements to remove what has already been loaded. Absent a file containing exclusions for approaches, what has been previously read from earlier BGL(s) would apply. I believe FSDT does not include approach exclusion data in their files, but cannot say for sure.

It's always (or should be), exclude and replace. Otherwise underlying data is used by FSX/P3D.