Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

FreeMesh in P3D v4

On 12/31/2017 at 11:13 AM, Reggie025 said:

I'm having trouble with FreeMesh - USA in P3Dv4. Some of my airports have elevation issues. I'm using ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC-North America, along with Active Sky. I know it's a FreeMesh issue because when I disable it, everything goes back to normal. I ran the Global Configurator, but it didn't help either. I tried to post a screenshot of my Add-On Scenery file, but it wouldn't paste.

I've currently got it just below Bathymetry.

Any advice appreciated,

Reggie

Elevation issues at airports in the USA is a given until LM rewrites its terrain engine or figure it out for them. I do have a solution I've been working towards the past two years, but progress has been slow.

On 1/4/2018 at 5:26 PM, ultracool said:

Having the same issue, all the mesh works with P3D V4 except Afrika.

Looks like the lakes' waterbody vectors are not updated to the correct elevations. It's the mesh that is correct. The vectors for those lakes are incorrect. Are you running FTX Vectors by chance?

On 1/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, dantaylor said:

Similar issue here. Same scenery addons, their order is correct in my P3Dv4 as described in various manuals, websites, etc. For me disabling FreeMeshX didn't help, as the problem seems to be an issue with ORBX FTX Vector and FreeMeshX working together in the North American geographical region. This is what I learned on the ORBX support forum. I didn't notice any similar problems in other geopaphical regions.

See my screenshots for an example, this happens at many North American airports though.

Image 1

Image 2

Any advice on what to do? I'm using FreeMeshX 2.0.

Best regards,
Daniel

Yikes! That is very messed up. I need to check KABQ on my end. I've seen some bad plateau issues, but nothing to that extent.

17 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

Looks like the lakes' waterbody vectors are not updated to the correct elevations. It's the mesh that is correct. The vectors for those lakes are incorrect. Are you running FTX Vectors by chance?

Yes I'm running FTX Vector, andI have run the Airpoty Elevation Corrections

On 1/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, ultracool said:

Yes I'm running FTX Vector, andI have run the Airpoty Elevation Corrections

Hard time replicating any lake issues here on my end.

q0snfpm.png

Are you running any Canary Island addons?

Hi / Bonjour, 

I discover this tool, and congratulations for the work done. I am under P3DV4.2 with essentially ORBX, with Vector obviously.

The positioning in the library is it correct?

Thank's for your answer.

1803100313218064615606369.jpg

I think the answer is in that link (essentially put it DIRECTLY above Scenery\Bathymetry).

I had the same question as you and saw the above post.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB