Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

FreeMesh in P3D v4

Hey Daniel-  Is there any reason to believe this mesh would or wouldn't work in v4? 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I read on another post somewhere that Daniel said it would work.

Ian S

38.jpg

I'm not beta testing v4, but I was told it's perfectly compatible by a fellow dev. So yes!

• Upvote 2

That's some great news.

Guess I'm 66% happy now, two of my favorite addons for P3dD work or will work n v4.

If wondering which other two are look at my sig. Just wish Yuri change his mind ...somehow. Eventually. =/

On 5/30/2017 at 1:44 PM, AviatorMoser said:

Just confirmed with my very own eyes. V4 compatible :)

What is the best way to add it, through the scenery.cfg or using the new xml addon way? I placed it just like I did in fsx after the base scenery and before the default cities.

Yep, using the scenery library is fine. It actually just reads it straight from FSX directory :)

Hopefully, FTX Vectors will be ready soon to accompany the mesh.

6 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

Yep, using the scenery library is fine. It actually just reads it straight from FSX directory :)

Hopefully, FTX Vectors will be ready soon to accompany the mesh.

Orbx said only Global and regions are ready this week, Vector is waiting on Pilots to port it to v4.

Hi, 

I installed P3D V4 and added the free mesh x folders to the library.

In P3D V3.4 free mesh x worked fine but in V4 all the lakes are at a wrong height. 

In Europe the lakes seems ok but on Afrika (Gran Canaria) I got very strange spikes, see attached screenshot.

Is this a known issue?

20170703195542_1.jpg

It's a common issue when using a mesh without updated vectors. The elevation of the waterbodies are controlled by vectors and not the mesh. Counter intuitive, I know. Are you using UTX or FTX Vectors? If not, then the only workaround is to make terrain.cfg changes for the waterbodies.

But why is this issue not in P3D V3.4? I dont have a vector addon, but in P3D V3.4 it worked correctly in V4 not.

That is interesting. Hmm......

It's possible your terrain.cfg was modified in a way that changed how the waterbodies are drawn on the mesh in v3.4. You can change it so that waterbodies hug the mesh instead of being drawn at their set elevation. Snippeting the FS Global 2010 manual, you can make changes to the flatten modes in the terrain.cfg file for TEXTURE.0, TEXTURE.1, TEXTURE.196, TEXTURE.197, and TEXTURE.198. Just change the FlattenMode to FlattenMode=none for those entries. I would back up your terrain.cfg file just in case.

sHPldrW.png

The downside is that the waterbodies will not be flat :(

Also, each of those spikes has a waterbody on it, correct? It looks like it to me.

• Upvote 1

I'm having trouble with FreeMesh - USA in P3Dv4. Some of my airports have elevation issues. I'm using ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC-North America, along with Active Sky. I know it's a FreeMesh issue because when I disable it, everything goes back to normal. I ran the Global Configurator, but it didn't help either. I tried to post a screenshot of my Add-On Scenery file, but it wouldn't paste.

I've currently got it just below Bathymetry.

Any advice appreciated,

Reggie

On 5-7-2017 at 7:04 PM, Nickhawk said:

Hi, 

I installed P3D V4 and added the free mesh x folders to the library.

In P3D V3.4 free mesh x worked fine but in V4 all the lakes are at a wrong height. 

In Europe the lakes seems ok but on Afrika (Gran Canaria) I got very strange spikes, see attached screenshot.

Is this a known issue?

20170703195542_1.jpg

Having the same issue, all the mesh works with P3D V4 except Afrika.

On 31.12.2017 at 6:13 PM, Reggie025 said:

I'm having trouble with FreeMesh - USA in P3Dv4. Some of my airports have elevation issues. I'm using ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC-North America

Similar issue here. Same scenery addons, their order is correct in my P3Dv4 as described in various manuals, websites, etc. For me disabling FreeMeshX didn't help, as the problem seems to be an issue with ORBX FTX Vector and FreeMeshX working together in the North American geographical region. This is what I learned on the ORBX support forum. I didn't notice any similar problems in other geopaphical regions.

See my screenshots for an example, this happens at many North American airports though.

Image 1

Image 2

Any advice on what to do? I'm using FreeMeshX 2.0.

Best regards,
Daniel