Sign in to follow this  
mhamilto

Is there a way to disable the TAWS callout for water landings?

Hello. I am a former RW floatplane flyer and am getting into landing on water in P3D.  What a treat.  I have the new Milviz Beaver and am trying it out with the GTN750 installed.  I never flew a floatplane with a GTN750!  But the GTN750 is a great way to get around crosscountry.  However, when landing on water in the amphib beaver, there is a constant Terrain warning alert that is a little annoying.  Would anyone in the know be able to suggest how to disable or override this aural warning?  Thanks in advance,

Mike Hamilton

Mike Hamilton

Hi Mike,

First, you might want to review the TAWS options in the settings panel. There is the 'Surfaces' option to select among Hard,Hard and Soft,Water Only,Any Surface.

Then, should you aircraft has a GPWS (X-Plane own GPWS), you might want to deactivate it. I think it requires using plane-maker to change this in the aircraft systems. There is a chance the callouts you are hearing are those from X-Plane, not from the GTN.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Ok, thanks.  I will have a look at your suggestions.  I am using P3D and am sure the callouts were from the GTN, as I have the same aircraft without the GTN750 installed and there is no callout from this aircraft.  I dont think any of the aircraft I fly have a GPWS, but will check into this too.  Thanks again for your help.  

Mike

Mike Hamilton

Mike, please note the "TAWS Options" I'm referring too are not GTN options, there are Reality XP GTN plugin options (plugin menu | RXP GTN | Settings....)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)