Sign in to follow this  
Hedgehog22

Carenado TMB 850 Cruise speed

Has anyone be able to achieve a level flight speed of over 233kts in Carenado’s TMB 850 Turbo prop.

Real life figures quote that it is capable of near 300 kts, however I have never been able to get it over 233 kts.

Any idea how?

Thanks

Confirm you have the flap lever at the 850 position so as to achieve the maximum torque (121%)? Above FL250 this will result in a cruise speed of more than 300ktas 

AFAIR, if the throttle was already at 100% and you move the flap lever to the 850 position, you have to pull the throttle a tad back at first and afterwards advance it to the 'new' 100% position.

Cheers, I will look out for that. I assume that you have to use the mouse to "Grab" and move the flap lever. No key assignment for a joystick. I will try it tonight:)

I really appreacate your help, but not getting much further: Got 250, can you think of anything I am doing wrong, at 2500 alt, 850 position, 100% throttle, 100% Propeller and 100% condition levers. Set the weather to fair no wind. Level flying. Would include a screenshot but cant work out how to get one uploaded.

Many thanks again

• Upvote 1

Erm, you are approximately 20000ft too low to achieve 300ktas. Performance is measured in true airspeed TAS, not indicated airspeed IAS.

(Btw, wind has zero effect on IAS/TAS)

Hi...

Looking at your last shot - you're doing 311 Knots TAS if I'm reading it correctly - as altitude increases - less air molecules hit your pitot tube - therefore indicated goes down - - - below your speed strip - there appears to be an indicator for TAS - use that for reference...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7