Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Is there any microstutters in V4?

Microstutters, a common problem in p3d but are there any in V4. I liked to hear what you seen so far. I'am tired of microstutters and hate it. So hope they fixed it

On 02/06/2017 at 3:34 AM, Albin said:

Microstutters, a common problem in p3d but are there any in V4. I liked to hear what you seen so far. I'am tired of microstutters and hate it. So hope they fixed it

Yes I get them if I do not use VSync plus unlimited.
They are not as noticeable as in V3 though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It's pretty good, but you'll still see them if you look out the side window while in a turn.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I concur with the other responders, V4 is vastly improved over v3 if you have your v-sync set up correctly for your hardware.  Panning is very noticeably smoother with Trackir.

For my G Sync monitor, with G Sync set to on (very desirable) I ensure V sync is off both in the sim and in the Nvidia Control Panel, and unlimited frames in the sim.  G Sync does seem to work very well with this set up.  My fps can even dip down into the 30's and still look quite smooth.  I never could get the most out of G Sync with v3.

(I also have Affinity Mask set to 85 in the cfg file like I did in v3, as I feel like my Skylake is handling simultaneous running add-ons - Trackir, AS16/ASCA, spad.next - better with P3D running only on the physical cores.  But I have not measured anything in a controlled manner, it is just a qualitative observation at this point.)

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I get some pretty bad stutters even with a rock solid 25 FPS that I'm still working on fixing.  I'm going to completely disable AI and work on getting it smoothed out from there.  My V3 setup had the same settings and was perfectly smooth (25hz monitor and vsync) but V4 gives stutters.  They are more noticeable when looking out of the side window for sure which is something I didn't pick up on previously.  I'm going to update my drivers to the latest and see if that helps as well.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram