Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Live Traffic updated for P3D V4

Hello @ll,

the first Lorby-SI product that has been updated to x64 is LorbyLiveTraffic.

You can get it on the downloads page of the main Lorby-SI website.

http://lorby-si.weebly.com

Note: this requires that you have at least one AI aircraft model package ready in P3D V4.

Here is my description of how to add MyTraffic to P3D V4 the "proper way":

Here is a quick way how to get MT6 into P3D V4, assuming that you have installed MyTraffic into its default location "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"

1. Create a folder: "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6"
2. In that folder you create an "add-on.xml" file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Sound</Category>
<Path>Content\Sound</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Take care that this file is indeed UTF-8 - use something like Notepad++ to create it

The add-on.xml file ends up here:
 "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\add-on.xml"

3. It is not necessary to do this step, but it avoids content errors:
- Create another subfolder "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\Content\Sound"
- Find this file: "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\B738MX\soundai\bmflaps.wav" (and any other missing sound file, there are quite a few) and copy it into the "\Sound" folder that you created

That's it.

btw: to disable default traffic do it the usual way: rename "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl" to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.off".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Just a quick question on your xml file. Shouldn't one add a Layer statement to the scenery component, else, won't My Traffic's airports end up as the highest priority in the scenery library? Or am I wrong on this?

Hello Jay,

you can add a layer (127-ish) if you want, but it is not necessary. If this XML is the first one that you add and activate, it will always stay on top of the scenery.cfg entries and below any other additions you make - and the scenery.cfg should remain unchanged if everyone would start using the XML method...

As far as I can tell in these early days: you can control addon sequence by altering the \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg. Make the addon outlined above the first one in the list, and it wll always be right on top of the default scenery (unless you manually alter the scenery.cfg). Take care to renumber the entries properly.

The best option of them all would be if LM allowed us to change the addon order in the P3D dialog - and the ordering of the sceneries within the addons would be the icing on that cake.

I have started implementing a scenery configuration app, and the reading part is already complete. But my products come first, so this may take a while.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

The My T 6  developer recommends placing the entry just above the default entries.

To be honest I never understood  why it matters where addon airports are placed in scenery.cfg  as long as they are above the default scenery. If there is more than one version installed  of the same addon airport, most likely there will be a conflict and even the higher priority version of the airport  may not display properly.

I created a BAT file that hunts down all the duplicate My T airport BGL files and renames them so that they don't cause a conflict with other 3rd party airports including those in the ORBX  freeware packs.