Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

P3d v4 autogen popping

13 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Going to test on my fsdt scenery airports see if that has any jaggies or shinmering on 4xmsaa if not then  its flytampa scenery issues

Cheers

Mike

Mike, you should put your system specs in your signiture so we know what you have to work with.

Edit: Oops.. see you partly list in first post.

What monitor size/resolution do you have?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 minutes ago, gboz said:

Mike, you should put your system specs in your signiture so we know what you have to work with.

Edit: Oops.. see you partly list in first post.

What monitor size/resolution do you have?

gb.

Hi

I have an lg 49inch 4k ips tv

43 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Hi

I have an lg 49inch 4k ips tv

At that size you are probably going to to need at least x2 SSAA to get rid of those flickering light poles no matter who's scenery it is. I have a 65" and really need x8 SSAA but settle for x4.

Have you tried P3D MSAA with MFAA turned on in nVidia control panel?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

4 minutes ago, gboz said:

At that size you are probably going to to need at least x2 SSAA to get rid of those flickering light poles no matter who's scenery it is. I have a 65" and really need x8 SSAA but settle for x4.

Have you tried P3D MSAA with MFAA turned on in nVidia control panel?

gb.

Thats the thing i used 4xmsaa in p3d v3.4  

Enhance application setting

Texture quality high

And prefer max performance 

And was working flawlessly 

22 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Enhance application setting

Have you tried the other two alternatives , Application Controlled or Override?

gb.

11 minutes ago, gboz said:

Have you tried the other two alternatives , Application Controlled or Override?

gb.

Just did further testing it was flytampa 

Going to wait for native p3d v4 installers

Take note guys wait for develepers to finish their updates for native installers

Do not rush. Lol

I have fsdt airports and working fine 

I suffer too with that horrible pop up autogen, my fix was to put autogen pop-up free to 0 in cfg load a flight, quit and putting back pop-up autogen to 1

This did the trick for me, don't know why but worked 

This is a little off-topic but I've noticed that the SSAA in P3Dv4's GUI seems a bit expensive. So I did what I had done previously and set to MSAA 8x and then over to nVidia Inspector for SGSS 4x. A lot less GPU usage and it may look a bit sharper.

I've also learned, recently, how expensive the dynamic lighting system is. Landing lights during daylight with moderate to heavy AA? Forget it. And I'm using a GTX1080Ti OC'ed to over 2000mhz.

Oh, and autogen popping. Need to do a reinstall and see how it acts off the bat.

7 hours ago, garrett_frank said:

This is a little off-topic but I've noticed that the SSAA in P3Dv4's GUI seems a bit expensive. So I did what I had done previously and set to MSAA 8x and then over to nVidia Inspector for SGSS 4x. A lot less GPU usage and it may look a bit sharper.

Yes, I have found this as well.
SGSS (SGSSAA) seems to do quite well in V4 even with heavy cloud, rain and fog.

It's usually recommended that SGSSAA be used as below:
2x MSAA + 2x SGSSAA: -0.500 DX Negative LOD bias
4x MSAA + 4x SGSSAA: -1.000 DX Negative LOD bias
8x MSAA + 8x SGSSAA: -1.500 DX Negative LOD bias

gb.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Yes, I have found this as well.
SGSS (SGSSAA) seems to do quite well in V4 even with heavy cloud, rain and fog.

It's usually recommended that SGSSAA be used as below:
2x MSAA + 2x SGSSAA: -0.500 DX Negative LOD bias
4x MSAA + 4x SGSSAA: -1.000 DX Negative LOD bias
8x MSAA + 8x SGSSAA: -1.500 DX Negative LOD bias

gb.

Hmmm may have to test this.Interesting with rain and cloud its not affected whereby 3.4 it was crippling performance