Sign in to follow this  
FlatCapRob

flight plan not found in 747 QOTS

HI ALL.

i seem to be having problems with my 747 and not finding the route and wondering if anyone out thee could help me

every time i try to load the route in the fmc it just doesn't work. it looks like it comes up in the legs page but it doesnt want to find the next way point or the purple line on the screen on front of me and when i take of there is no light path to follow.  i have tried with both PFPX and simbrief and i have tried to put the flight plan in to 2 different flight plan locations but nothing is working and is really frustrating as sometimes it even says there is no routes found aswell.

i cant fly anywhere after paying over £100 quid for a plane i cant use so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this then any help is massively appreciated..

(p3d is installed direct to my D drive)

many thanks

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please review the rules and note that full names are required on all posts.

You didn't mention if you are using P3Dv3 or v4, you didn't mention the 2 different locations where you put the flight plan files, and you didn't mention if the files were .pln or .rte files.  Please realize we are not looking over your shoulder, you'll have to be more concise.

Dan Downs KCRP

sorry im been trying to sort this out for over 3 days now and am end of the road for ideas

so im using p3d v4 and i have exported from pfpx and sim breif as a rte file as told by several people but that hasnt worked..  i have tried saving the flight plans to both pmdg and p3d flight plan folders but the screen never picks up the route or purple line on screen

PFPX is not aware of neither P3Dv4 nor the PMDG 744, and the developer insists on hard coding the paths to flightplan folders to prevent users from browsing and changing those (he gets less complaints). I have less than complementary opinions of that.

With the PFPX export window open, make sure the Prepar3D path is set to your P3D root folder (I still use \\I7-6700K\P3Dv3 just because I haven't gotten to changing it).  Then below make sure the 'PMDG Simulations RTE (P3D) box is checked. The flightplan will be exported to your <p3d>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder.  The Queen should find it there but if not drag the rte file to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747\ and that should do it.

Be sure to fly the Tutorial first.

By the way, full names really are required here.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Can anyone help I have the same problem , followed your instruction but no luck can you write the specific folders to use I have the floight plan in RTE but do not know why I still get no flight plan avaliable

many Thanks 

I don't have pfpx so excuse me if I ask things that don't fit for you or I understand something wrong there. I just try to help now.

How are you trying to load the routes, you insert a route name or you insert dep and arr airports?

I tell you now how I do it, maybe it helps someone.

I use simbrief, here I get a .rte file that I save manually in the p3d/pmdg/747/routes folder. Naming can be wrong there. The files are usually saved with the dep and arr airports here. So if I have flight from EDDP to ELLX it's called EDDPELLX.rte. 

Now having the file in that folder, in the 747 FMC rte page I don't insert anything at all into the departure or arrival airport, nor a flughtnumber..

This gives you the opportunity to browse manually to a folder of your choice of your ssd/HDD. You can see that now you have the arrow in front of the routes-choose option. Click there and you have the folder browser.

Here of course I browse to the routes folder where I saved the plan. Still, this browsing happens INSIDE the FMC. But now the plan can lie anywhere, you are free to browse anywhere and look for it.

This way you can see if you maybe have the plan in a wrong folder. Browse around where you expect it or where you think pfpx saves it.

If you insert a dep and arrival airport, as I understand it (not sure on this) the plane searches the route only in the one folder, so if it's not in there it doesn't find a route.

There are various ways to load a plan, depending on how it's saved. Company route, name of flight plan etc. Or simply manual browse. For the last one the flightoplan can rest on any place outside the routes folder.

• Upvote 1

BetaTeamB.png

Sadly i see i really wrote in a way noone can understand what i mean :-) sorry, english is not my native language.

In very short words:

As long as one doesnt insert anything into departure and arrival, in the rte page on the FMC, the compayRoute button doesnt let the FMC search for a flightplan, it lets you browse the folder manually.

I could have saved a lot of words i think...

BetaTeamB.png