Sign in to follow this  
Wild_South

What are the "Go To" Weather and Environment Addons?

Following this discussion. Never used any HiFi Sim products. Might be interested.

It all sounds good but.

I see one poster said that he uses "SC" which I assume means Soft Clouds from REX.

I went to HiFi Sim website and read up and viewed gallery and videos.

I have REX Essentials + OD (I use it for the weather injector use only now) and REX4 (Texture Direct) + Soft Clouds. REX provides I load of other texture option besides clouds, like wave animation, airport signage, runway- asphalt, concrete, taxiway marks, runway marks, runway detail, jetway marks, airport lighting...etc.

I can't see it but does Active Sky 16 or whatever the new version is called provide other textures besides clouds?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

7 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Following this discussion. Never used any HiFi Sim products. Might be interested.

It all sounds good but.

I see one poster said that he uses "SC" which I assume means Soft Clouds from REX.

I went to HiFi Sim website and read up and viewed gallery and videos.

I have REX Essentials + OD (I use it for the weather injector use only now) and REX4 (Texture Direct) + Soft Clouds. REX provides I load of other texture option besides clouds, like wave animation, airport signage, runway- asphalt, concrete, taxiway marks, runway marks, runway detail, jetway marks, airport lighting...etc.

I can't see it but does Active Sky 16 or whatever the new version is called provide other textures besides clouds?

AS16 is only the weather engine

Matt Wilson

25 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

AS16 is only the weather engine

Thank you man, I thought it was cloud textures.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Right now is ASCA+ASP4. But I will switch to REX Sky Force 3D when it will get released.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

25 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Thank you man, I thought it was cloud textures.

U will need ASCA or REX for cloud and sky textures.  I like ASCA because it automatically can inject new textures depending on weather conditions on the fly.

Matt Wilson