Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

AFCADs in V4

I use a lot of AFCADS (particularly those by Ray Smith) in both FSX and P3D v3. For P3D v3 I use ADE to recompile them so I  can see taxiways, etc.

Will AFCADs work in P3D v4 using the same methods, i.e., placing the .bgl file in an Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and the obj.bgl file (if necessary) in the Scenery/Global/Scenery folder.

I'm just wondering if this will screw up V4.

Thanks.

Dan Cole

Dan Cole

From what I have seen of my converted AFCADS, including Ray Smith work, they do work in v4.  ADE last I heard does not work with v4.

Sean Green

Scruffyduck has an ADE beta v1.75 available that works perfectly well with v4.  Be sure to download the one patch to the beta.

The only difference seems to be LM added a parameter to runway, taxi and apron objects.  Otherwise, v3 AFCADs are working just fine in v4.  I was please to see that my home base, which I developed with ADE for v3 and includes custom pavement markings and ground polys works just fine in v4 (see KCRP Corpus Christi in AVSIM library).

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

The Ray Smith and all my other ACADS that worked in v3.4 work in v4. I point both sims to the same directory that has the and I don't have to maintain separate libraries.

Richard