Sign in to follow this  
bozflyer

777 Prepar3d v4 ILS Parked and blown Brakes on Landing

Hi there

I have just completed first 777 flight upon landing to Malaga i noted that ILS was Parked despite i had a ROute programmed in FMC... no one knows why this can happen ?

2nd  I landed with manual landing with Autobrakes set to " 4 " .. everything seemed right during initial touchdown but when i reached 80 knots pressed brakes manually to disarm autobrake .

Despite this,  autobrakes didn't disarm and stopped aircraft mid runway with "Parking Brakes Set " Sign on !!

I couldn't disarm parking brakes with "CTRL + . " i had to enter FMC Maintenance menu and change the brakes to move the 777 to the gate seams that i burned my carbon disks.. but it was the first flight after 777 installation

What happened ? my mistake ? Autobrakes 4 is too much ??

Why ILS Parked ??

Thank you very much for support

Paolo

Hi there

I have just completed first 777 flight upon landing to Malaga i noted that ILS was Parked despite i had a ROute programmed in FMC... no one knows why this can happen ?

2nd  I landed with manual landing with Autobrakes set to " 4 " .. everything seemed right during initial touchdown but when i reached 80 knots pressed brakes manually to disarm autobrake .

Despite this,  autobrakes didn't disarm and stopped aircraft mid runway with "Parking Brakes Set " Sign on !!

I couldn't disarm parking brakes with "CTRL + . " i had to enter FMC Maintenance menu and change the brakes to move the 777 to the gate seams that i burned my carbon disks.. but it was the first flight after 777 installation

What happened ? my mistake ? Autobrakes 4 is too much ??

Why ILS Parked ??

Thank you very much for support

Paolo

Hi,

1) You say you had a route in the FMC but did you select an ILS approach? ILS autotune sets the frequency and course for the ILS you have selected in the DEP ARR page of the CDU.

2) Autobrake 4 is quite much and not often used in normal ops. Use 3 for a runway 2200-2500m length and 2 for longer rwys.

You could even use 1 for very long rwys.

The temperature of the brake and the resulting possibility of getting the tyres blown depend on the autobrake setting, the OAT, the landing speed the landing weight mainly and the use of the reversers.

If you set autobrakes to 4 close to the max ldg weight on a hot day without using the reversers, you increase drastically the risk of getting the fuse plugs to release due to the brake temperatures hence having tyres blown.

One thing to keep in mind is that the setting of the autobrakes sets a deceleration rate. The autobrake will modulate the brake pressure to maintain the same deceleration rate whether you use the reversers or not. The more reversers you use, the less brake pressure will be applied and the less the temperature of the brakes.

Also please sign your posts with full names as required by the forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Your first trip should be Tutorial #1.  Please review the Introduction document to at least see what information is available there.

As Romain mentioned, full names here please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thankyou all for replay

There should be some bug i think .. i have solved ILS problem, Landed again with Autobrake 4 without problems ..... but ... even after exiting the runway after a 3/4 minutes taxi tyre, brake disks .. all blown !!

before that i verified temperatures of gear with LCD screen , they were all at 2 !

as soon i pressed the brake  " . " command to get lower taxi speed ... bang... the 777 settles down with again the red message lower left conrner saying " Parking Brake set" press " . " to release

Have you already notice about this malfunction ?

Paolo Bozzetti

4 minutes ago, bozflyer said:

There should be some bug i think

In your setup, perhaps.

If this were a bug in our code, one might imagine that you'd see an entire forum full of posts where people are noting that they cannot taxi after landing, no?

Calibrate your hardware, and be sure to set a null zone to eliminate any dragging of the brakes.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I'm actually getting the same problem. I land on LAND 3 ILS, Autobrake 2, full reversers to 60 kts, i tap my brakes to disarm autobrake, and the Parking brake locks up and my mains pop. i replace the mains and a few seconds later they pop again. i cant release the brakes even doing a cool or replace. i cant taxi at all after i land the t7. it happened at taxi2gate vhhh, and fsdt kclt,

i didn't post after the first flight because i thought it was something i did differently from my flights on p3dv3 vs v4. after the second flight I am pretty sure its not me making a mistake. I will admit it could be FSUIPC5 somehow making the brakes stick on, but i cant see them staying on even after using default release methods and FSUIPC assigned keys. 

My next trouble shooting step is to not use Autobrake at all to see if that clears up the issue. then put it back in to see if it returns. I will post the results as I have them.

34 minutes ago, Wolfrick said:

i didn't post after the first flight because i thought it was something i did differently from my flights on p3dv3 vs v4. after the second flight I am pretty sure its not me making a mistake. I will admit it could be FSUIPC5 somehow making the brakes stick on, but i cant see them staying on even after using default release methods and FSUIPC assigned keys. 

Make sure to go back in and set your brakes up in FSUIPC5. It doesn't automatically pull your FSUIPC4 settings.

Set the sim to send a reversed axis indication. Set FSUIPC to have a null zone at the bottom to filter out any application of the brakes. Without that, your brakes are dragging, and/or set full force, and, well...eventually hot brakes are going to fail things.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Make sure to go back in and set your brakes up in FSUIPC5. It doesn't automatically pull your FSUIPC4 settings.

Set the sim to send a reversed axis indication. Set FSUIPC to have a null zone at the bottom to filter out any application of the brakes. Without that, your brakes are dragging, and/or set full force, and, well...eventually hot brakes are going to fail things.

..I don't have FSUIPC at all

How can i solve the problem ?? 

Should i install it absolutely ? 

Thank you all 

Paolo Bozzetti

16 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

In your setup, perhaps.

If this were a bug in our code, one might imagine that you'd see an entire forum full of posts where people are noting that they cannot taxi after landing, no?

Calibrate your hardware, and be sure to set a null zone to eliminate any dragging of the brakes.

SEi un cazzone !

Just now, bozflyer said:

SEi un cazzone !

Io passiamo due settimane ogni anno nel Nord Italia. Parlo anche italiano ...

Also: watch your language. Would've continued to help, but...after that one, sorry, no.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I´ve the same issue after landing and start to taxi in the last 3 flights on different airports. Brakes are hot to 10,0 from one second to the other. In the fsx i´ve had 300 starts and landings with the 777 and no problem like this. 

I need help.

greetings

knut

8 minutes ago, Baw326 said:

I´ve the same issue after landing and start to taxi in the last 3 flights on different airports. Brakes are hot to 10,0 from one second to the other. In the fsx i´ve had 300 starts and landings with the 777 and no problem like this. 

Correct. This is a new simulator, and I'm willing to bet that you did not properly set your hardware up in the new sim.

See here:

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I did.

What irritates me most, is that the temperatur increase without any handling of the brakes and with defined and previousely calibrated zero value.

So I´ll use the FMC ground setting and wait for further development.

1 hour ago, Baw326 said:

What irritates me most, is that the temperatur increase without any handling of the brakes and with defined and previousely calibrated zero value.

This is incorrect.

If you're getting heat on the brakes, it's because the brakes are being applied somehow. That somehow would be your hardware.

Unplug it and use the F1/2/3/4 keys to control thrust. I'm willing to bet that your issue mysteriously vanishes.

1 hour ago, Baw326 said:

So I´ll use the FMC ground setting and wait for further development.

What are you referring to here, and what development?

Kyle Rodgers