Sign in to follow this  
AMR

PMDG B777 (P3Dv4) and P3dv4 dynamic lighting.

The PMDG B777 (P3Dv4) landing- and taxilights do not illuminate the ground with Dynamic Lighting selected to OFF. With dynamic lighting selected ON the lights liimunates the ground but at the cost of a framehit (abt. 50% less).

Is there a possibility to have the landing/taxilight illuminate the ground without having to select dynamic lighting ON?

regards

Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dynamic lighting has to be on if you want the ground illuminated. PMDG dumped the legacy system and they will not bring it back as on option. To not get the 50% fps hit, you have to use MSAA - even the lowest SSAA will be tough on frames.

@AMR I suggest playing around with other settings with Dynamic Lighting enabled. You might be able to work around the impart of the lighting by adjusting other settings.

I'm not 100% sure as to why, but I can't replicate a 50% hit to FPS with Dynamic Lighting disabled and enabled. I only saw about 2 to 4 FPS impact with PMDG 772 while parked at FSDreamteam's KCLT at Parking Ramp 1.

I was having the same problem with FPS and Dynamic Lighting being switched on. I resolved the issue by rolling back to an older Graphics Driver, can't remember Driver number but have a look at my post in the PMDG 777 forum  "Dynamic Lighting Poss Bug" I can now hold steady around 30FPS locked with DL enabled in the Sim where before I was on single figures.