goshob

Scenery library for SFX:SE

Hi,

I am using FSX:SE for some time, but being a weekend user only I cannot consider myself a highly professional pilot :) Due to that reason I would like to ask some questions, which might be found as elementary subject, but...

1. I am facing problems with adding scenery to the library. All necessary files are in a folder pasted in Addon Scenery, but when I try to add a new area with Settings menu nothing happens after pressing the OK button pointing to the folder. My system is Windows 10.

2. I had noticed that the scenery library contains a big amount of files starting with a 4 digit number followed with the word Base. Can someone explain what is the use of all those? Are they used during the entire flight and most important, are they using memory space?

Thank you in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are videos on Youtube about adding scenery files to the Scenery Library with computers

with OS above WinXP.  Instead of just clicking the OK button, you click anywhere inside the white area for the scenery to be added. http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/fsx-adding-scenery-windows-7-bug.html

Those numbered scenery areas are default scenery areas of the world.  They are there for a reason. 

Don't mess with them!

Thank you for the link! It is helping too much and actually I was looking for such quite some time.

Talking about scenery files, I would like to ask some more clarification, if possible. Some of the scenery packages are coming together with several other folders than the usual scenery. I am referring to folders like effects, terrain, etc. which sometimes can be downloaded as free staff from the net.

The question is where these folders go? In addon scenery folder or somewhere else?

Hi,

Re other folders included with your scenery add-ons, you'll need to review the readme or installation instructions file that comes with the package as to where those folders should be located if there is no automatic installer included with the scenery.

Usually the effects should go in the main Effects folder but again best to refer to the specific install instructions that should come with the download.

Re Terrain, are you sure you mean Terrain and not Texture?

Usually any freeware add-on scenery contains a scenery folder and two sub folders called Scenery and Texture. Both of these should remain in the main scenery folder and this is the location used when adding add-on scenery in to the FSX Scenery Library.

If you do have a separate subfolder called Terrain then consult the readme instructions.

Regards

Mark