Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

P3D v4 freezes after few hours of flying.

I have been getting these sim freeze ups pretty much every time I run P3D and do a flight. This usually happens about 3 to 4 hours of using the sim, and then all of a sudden, it freezes. It will freeze, stay there for about a minute, unfreeze for about 5 seconds, then freeze again. And when I try to click on it, it will eventually stop working and I will have to close it through task manager. I did notice a few things. First, when I opened task manager, I saw that P3D was using less than half a percent of CPU, even down to 0.1%. Another thing is I use FSUIPC autosave, and when it saves, its freezes due to me flying pmdg, and this only freezes for a few seconds. But the ACARS my VA uses needs FSUIPC to work, and whenever this freeze happens, my ACARS program disconnects from the sim. Not sure if this is an FSUIPC bug, or a P3D bug, but it is preventing me from doing long over night flights and really wanna fix this. Anyone have any idea?

Nick Hesler

I have the same issue, if you have a resolution please share.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

On 6/28/2017 at 0:17 AM, NickFlightX said:

Another thing is I use FSUIPC autosave

This is a known issue and you must turn off autosave or your sim will freeze.  See AVSIM CTD Guide - Freezes during Flight.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply
I will try this tonight. it happens in both P3D V4 and 3.
I may have disabled FUSPIC already as a test, I also removed Chaseplane as this updates regularly and i thought that might have been it as it's only just started to happen, Turned of Track IR aslo.
Didn't run ASN so a lot off to no avail.
Updated the video card drivers and the only other update that can think of was the ORBIX Library's which i will also check if it's not FUSPIC.
I will post an update once I have tried.

Thanks

Pete.

Resolved.
Removed  FSUPIC then Removed he Orbix scenery, still no joy.
Manually removed the Nvidia drivers and then did a fresh install with and older version drivers "378.66".
I did run the driver install before posting in here and selected a clean install option, normally I get prompted for a re-boot but thought nothing of it when I did not have to re-boot.

This resolved my issue

Peter.

Ignore my last post it's Not Resolved, It is better so  so I think it's driver related.
Yet saying that I don't have a problem in X-Plane.

Pete

In a previous post you say you 'may' have disaabled FSUIPC autosave. Have you, or have you not?

You will have problems if it is enabled.

Two things, make sure you are running the new P3Dv4 version of FSUIPC5  5.103 from here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Open your FSUIPC.ini file in Notepad. Find [autosave] and make sure the entry under AutoSaveEnabled=No

If it is Yes, change it to No and Save.

Supporter.png

John

Thanks for the response Betelgeuse I did disable FSUPIC, But what I did in the end was to try logging in with another profile on the pc, this gave me a clean P3D Profile and has resolved my issue.(I just backed my P3D profile/s up by renaming it and let P3D re-create it then coppied back my controler settings)
I have now just read on FSELITE, a guy was having micro stutters on his system which was caused by Navigraph’s Simlink!, so that may have been it or played a part and I forgot all about installing that.

Pete

I do not know if i have the same problem as you but i would apprichate you taking a look at my post and if you could help me..

tried installing 100 nvidia drviers...

Hello guys, 

I had this problem with P3D V4.3 after 3h of flight it would freeze, stay there for about a minute, unfreeze for about 5 seconds, then freeze again. The way that I manage to fix this issue is by updating the nvidia drivers and turning fsuipc auto save off.

Hope this helps some of you guys :)

C99laudiu.

• Like 1