Albin

What exactly is Object flow?

As the title says I want to know what it is, what it does and what scenery uses it? 

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ORBX is the main user.  It is used to animate grass, people and other movable objects in their sceneries.

As it seems to take a long time to convert this for P3Dv4, has anyone tried to copy airports folders from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4? I can live without animated people and objects if I don't get a CTD.

Actually, ObjectFlow is not really about the animations, these are the other Orbx "flows" (PeopleFlow, NatureFlow, etc.). The main purpose of OF is to work around the core sim's limitations in terms of displaying conditional scenery components, such as season-dependent ground polys, buildings (snow covered roofs in winter, etc.), animated windsocks, and so on. This means that some bits of the V3-compatible airports may work fine, but without OF, you typically get missing buildings, runway lights, windsocks, etc.

Tym

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tymk said:

Actually, ObjectFlow is not really about the animations, these are the other Orbx "flows" (PeopleFlow, NatureFlow, etc.). The main purpose of OF is to work around the core sim's limitations in terms of displaying conditional scenery components, such as season-dependent ground polys, buildings (snow covered roofs in winter, etc.), animated windsocks, and so on. This means that some bits of the V3-compatible airports may work fine, but without OF, you typically get missing buildings, runway lights, windsocks, etc.

Tym

So if we want a working orbx airport in p3d v4 we have to wait for OF to be updated? Is it only airports that use it? 

I'd definitely wait for the official update. I know it's taking quite a long time and I'm getting impatient myself, but there's simply too much stuff that won't work without OF.

On 02/07/2017 at 5:41 PM, Albin said:

Is it only airports that use it? 

Anyone knows the answer for this? As I only use Global Base, Vector and OpenLC. Thank you!

Only some airports make use of it and everything has been merged into ObjectFlow, meaning AnimalFlow, PeopleFlow etc are now part of ObjectFlow.

Single DLL for all OrbX products (airports) that require animations and/or other effects.