Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Airports by Nimbus good?

Hi, i´m wondering if the airports by Nimbus are good. I don´t have any expierence with Nimbus, so it would be very helpful to read recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Their earlier airports are a little rough- I have KORD and the texture quality and modeling quality isn't all that good (blurry/low-res, outdated taxiway labels, buildings levitate a few feet if runway contours are turned on, etc). I still use it because it's the only passable version of ORD available, but I'll be perfectly happy to dump it once Icarus' scenery gets released. However, their rendition of Miami is much better, and Lufker-Spadaro, while a smaller field, is stunningly detailed with awesome hi-res textures. Apparently, their KMCO is really, really good- one if the best large airports for XP. They're really cheap, especially now with the org store's 4th of July sale, so while you shouldn't expect Flightbeam, FSDT, or Drzwiecki quality, Nimbus airports are well worth it. Two caveats: stay away from KPHX and KATL. The former has been done beautifully for free by MisterX6, and the latter has a good free version (from NAPS I believe) that isn't all that much worse than Nimbus' payware. 

Many thanks for your input!

NAPS free KMCO is also great!

I'd stay away from Nimbus because (AFAIK) all their airports require to flatten the terrain which equals dumbing down X-Plane to a P3D level.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB