Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Historic Flight Details

My friend wants to know if her flight was delayed by over four hours so that she can get compensation for that flight. The problem is that it was over four years ago and I don't know the exact places to get historic flight details.

Flight Details: UA81 Newark to Manchester UK 

Date: 25/06/2013 for US 06/25/2013 

She waited over four years to get annoyed about it? Lol.

There are a number of 'ambulance chaser' companies which will check that for you, a simple web search will find one, but to get you started, here's one of them:

https://www.flight-delayed.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Are they seriously allowing compensation claims to be made for flights that occurred years ago? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are they seriously allowing compensation claims to be made for flights that occurred years ago? :huh:

Sadly that is the culture these days.

Alan Bradbury

Apparently you're not entitled to compensation by EU regulation if a flight departs from a non EU destination. Thanks for the information Alan, appreciate it. 

Well, now we are not in the EU or at least that'll be the case when Article 50 is fully triggered, I guess that's gonna stop people in the UK applying lol

Alan Bradbury

They should stop everyone applying if the flights were prior to this year. Back dating it to God knows how far back is ridiculous.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Currently, the limit is within the past six years apparently, and yeah, I agree, it is stupid. I've never been a fan of any of that 'ambulance chasing' compensation culture which is so prevalent in the UK at the moment.

And I'm proud to say that I do practice what I preach on that front: I once had a very bad motorcycle accident (had to be revived at the scene and have reconstructive plastic surgery, was off work for three months etc). During the course of the months of treatment I underwent when recovering, the hospital made a mistake during one of my operations - a surgeon who was unfamiliar with what I'd had done (something called a bi-lateral suspension, which is fairly rare and not known to all surgeons), mistakenly cut the 'escape wire' which is normally used to retrieve the wire from someone's jaw when it has been wired up owing to head injuries - resulting in me having to undergo an additional operation to get the wire out and free up my wired up jaw.

When that occurred, the hospital called me in to a meeting, one which was attended by a number of the hospital's big guns. It was obvious from the off that they were concerned about me possibly suing them for the cock up, but right at the start of that meeting I got up and said: 'I know what you are concerned about; you think I'm gonna sue your asses off for having made a mistake, don't you?'. This was met by a lot of awkward shifting about on the staff's part, to which I put a stop by adding: 'Look, do you really think I'd be such an (word not allowed on the forum) as to sue the place which two months ago saved my life? Don't sweat it, anyone can make a mistake.'

I wish more people would take this attitude. Most companies, even large ones, don't have a big pot of money sitting around waiting to be claimed like some kind of prize, those compensation claims eventually result in costs being passed on to us and can result in job losses and other cutbacks. Yes one can argue their insurance covers it, but even then their costs go up owing to increased premiums, and guess who ultimately ends up paying for that?

So your plane was late, get over it, I'd rather it be late that rushed into service with some fault being ignored. And actually, once when a plane I was due to get (Dan Air London Comet) was late, it got replaced by a Monarch Boeing 720B, so that was actually cool. Sometimes things happen for a reason.

Better to be a few hours late in this life than 20 years early into the next one. :laugh:

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury