Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Panel state problem

My first flight today I set my panel state at CLDDRK.  I also saved it to 777 CLDDRK.  Second flight I again hit the 777 CLDDRK (since it had not saved that state), hit execute, and nothing happened.  I cannot get back to a cold and dark start.

Suggestions?

One thing you can do is to fully follow aircraft shutdown, secure, and electrical powerdown procedures. That should get you into the cold & dark state. Just make sure you follow both FO and C procedures.

8 hours ago, kenthom said:

My first flight today I set my panel state at CLDDRK.  I also saved it to 777 CLDDRK.  Second flight I again hit the 777 CLDDRK (since it had not saved that state), hit execute, and nothing happened.  I cannot get back to a cold and dark start.

Hi Ken,

First of all, you don't want to save anything to a PMDG supplied panel state.  At best you will  accomplish nothing, at worst you will corrupt it.  If  you want to save a panel state, save it under a new name. 

I don't know what "I again hit the 777 CLDDRK" means.  you want to LOAD the CLDDRK panel state, not overwrite the existing one.  Did you try to load it?  Try renaming that panel state and running Repair from the 777 installation program and see if it will restore the original CLDDRK panel state.  Make sure you have the latest version of the 777 first by checking in the Operations Center. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

A "repair" took care of it.  I clearly don't know how to set up the 777 to load at cold & dark at startup.  But I won't make that mistake again.  Thanks Mike.  

6 hours ago, kenthom said:

I clearly don't know how to set up the 777 to load at cold & dark at startup.

Review your Introduction document.  By default, it starts with the Default panel state but you can select any panel state to be used on any start.  Also, you can save a scenario, and when you load the scenario the panel state associated with the saved scenario is also loaded...., unless you change the panel start state, which overrides scenario saved panel states.  There's pages of info in the Introduction.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 7/8/2017 at 0:09 PM, kenthom said:

A "repair" took care of it.  I clearly don't know how to set up the 777 to load at cold & dark at startup.

In the 777 Introduction document, just search "Panel State".  That will get you in the middle of a discussion of saving and loading panel states, including the PMDG-supplied 777 CLDDRC (Cold and Dark) state.  It will show you how to make that the startup panel state if you want to do that.  Don't save to that  name or any other name of a PMDG-supplied panel state.  If you want to save your own  custom panel state, make up your own name for it.  You don't need to SAVE a panel state to make it work in your current flight.  You need to LOAD one.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2