Saucey12

Best MD-80 or DC9-50 (freeware)

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the best freeware version of an MD-80 or DC9-50 that is available for download. I currently do not have either of those aircraft.  If it is in the avsim library can you please point me to the destination of that download.  I have seen plenty of freeware repaint downloads available but none of the actual aircraft.   I would like to have one that has a fully functional 2-d and 3-d panel with accurate flight details and sound. I am running windows 10 FSXSE.  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's no freeware DC-9 to your standard. No available model has a 3D cockpit and the better 2D panels from HJG don't work in FSX.

For a MD-80, the FSND model is your only option.

 

If you want realism, you'll have to go payware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

There's no freeware DC-9 to your standard. No available model has a 3D cockpit and the better 2D panels from HJG don't work in FSX.

For a MD-80, the FSND model is your only option.

 

If you want realism, you'll have to go payware.

Thank you. As far as payware do you have any good recommendations ? I'm willing to pay for a good one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most complete DC-9 simulation is Coolsky's, but it only has the -30 model. For the entire range from the -10 to the -50 and C-9, you'll need the SkySimulations one. It's more straight to the point in terms of systems. This is what I went - and did some modifications - for.

The MD-82 is also available from Coolsky and frame rate friendly, but without 3D switches, while the Leonardo MD82 features 3D switches albeit without a true FSX-compliant 3D model. There's also the CLS MD-80 series featuring the MD-81 and MD-87, but it's geared toward beginners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bjoern said:

The most complete DC-9 simulation is Coolsky's, but it only has the -30 model. For the entire range from the -10 to the -50 and C-9, you'll need the SkySimulations one. It's more straight to the point in terms of systems. This is what I went - and did some modifications - for.

The MD-82 is also available from Coolsky and frame rate friendly, but without 3D switches, while the Leonardo MD82 features 3D switches albeit without a true FSX-compliant 3D model. There's also the CLS MD-80 series featuring the MD-81 and MD-87, but it's geared toward beginners.

Oh I can handle a rig that requires you to do things by the checklist.  Realism is a ++ . theres plenty of stuff out there that just uses the standard cockpits and effects from the original fsx aircraft.  Ive sifted through a lot of that stuff, dont want it.  So you say its the Coolsky's models on SkySimulations?  It is ok if its only the dc9-30 model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

Oh I can handle a rig that requires you to do things by the checklist.  Realism is a ++ . theres plenty of stuff out there that just uses the standard cockpits and effects from the original fsx aircraft.  Ive sifted through a lot of that stuff, dont want it.  So you say its the Coolsky's models on SkySimulations?  It is ok if its only the dc9-30 model. 

Coolsky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now