Sign in to follow this  
FernandoDiniz

Jagged/Shimmering runway edge lines (DX10 + Steves Fix)

Recommended Posts

Good Night.

 

I have fsx se with REx 4 texture (orbx, vector...) direct installed + Directx 10 and Steves Fix.

My options on the D10 Controller and Nvidia Inspector are 8x and 8 sssg.

My GPU is NVIDIA  Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070.

 

Those runway lines  keep moving all the time, so it really catches my attention. Does it have a solution ?

 

Thank you very much

 

0q4MJzQ.jpg&key=817e032bf4a260ab9ecbacc1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Fernando, I had the same problem. In my case I use a 1080p TV as my monitor. Initially had FSX resolution set to 1920×1080. After much tweaking the following made it look better.

1. I adjusted the TV setting setting the sharpness to zero, this eliminated the pixelation but made it blurry.

2. And set DSR to 4x in the Nvidia control panel, then set the FSX to the higher resolution available after setting DSR. Which is basically 4k.

I got the DSR idea from the fixer guide. Never even knew it was there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, joelpacheco said:

Hi Fernando, I had the same problem. In my case I use a 1080p TV as my monitor. Initially had FSX resolution set to 1920×1080. After much tweaking the following made it look better.

1. I adjusted the TV setting setting the sharpness to zero, this eliminated the pixelation but made it blurry.

2. And set DSR to 4x in the Nvidia control panel, then set the FSX to the higher resolution available after setting DSR. Which is basically 4k.

I got the DSR idea from the fixer guide. Never even knew it was there.

 Your problem was in everywhere or just the runway ?

Anyway, thansks for the tip, im gonna try it!

Share this post


Link to post

It didnt work in my case.

It seems to affect only the runway. Everything else looks great.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry it didn't work.

Yes in my case the white lines of the runways looked like moving (barber pole effect) as I taxi and also the taxi lines were jagged. Everything else was fine.

Share this post


Link to post

As stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, under Scenery Objects, turn off ground shadows.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

As stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, under Scenery Objects, turn off ground shadows.

 

It was already off Jim. 

 

12 hours ago, joelpacheco said:

Sorry it didn't work.

Yes in my case the white lines of the runways looked like moving (barber pole effect) as I taxi and also the taxi lines were jagged. Everything else was fine.

 

My taxiways are ok Joel, its only the runway side white lines. The DSR seemed to soften it just a little bit, so i guess the problem is from another source. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, FernandoDiniz said:

It was already off Jim

Strange!  Hope you find a fix!!

Share this post


Link to post

i complete reinstalled the game and addons and the problem is gone now. Thanks Jim amd Joel!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FernandoDiniz said:

i complete reinstalled the game and addons and the problem is gone now. Thanks Jim amd Joel!

 

 

I was hoping to see a fix other than a complete reinstall of FSX and all addons.  That's a miserable way to fix an issue!  I have many, many addons and have never seen this issue after installing Steve's DX10 Fixer.  I was watching this thread as I was hoping to put something about it in the AVSIM FSX Config Guide.  I am constantly going around the Internet looking for new issues and fixes but I'm certainly not going to recommend a complete reinstall of FSX and all of one's add-ons!  Thanks for posting your "solution".

Best regards,

Jim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously you had a very basic installation with minimal addons to begin with, and still do, in order to be back up and running so quickly. Glad it worked for you, but for most people reinstallation is too radical of an option to even consider at the drop of a hat.

Share this post


Link to post

Agree.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has a link to a Windows Repair program that will bring Windows back to the default without reinstalling.  I think most of the issues are caused by the installation of FSX though (or an add-on).

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post

I solved the problem on my setup as follows:  set Steve's DX 10 fixer at 8xCSAA for antialiasing.  Be sure to have the libraries installed.  Set Nvidia Inspector at AA mode=application controlled; AA setting at 16xS and AA transparency at 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling.   If you have Rex 4 texture installed, you may have to go to settings and uncheck runway markings (I did this but did not try whether this was essential).

 

My graphics card is an Nvidia 745.

 

Good luck

 

Jim

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this