Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Dehavilland Beaver

Can someone recommend a really good Beaver, other than Aerosoft's? I bought theirs but can't get it to install so I'm looking for a different one. I tried working with them for a few days. I tried everything they said to do and made a little progress with the installation. Some instructions worked, some didn't.The final result was that the installer couldn't find flight simulator 9 on my machine, even though it is installed in the default location. Then the software decided I had tried to install too many times and wouldn't let me try any more. So I'd just like to find a good Beaver I can download and get on with it.Can anyone recommend one?Thanks.Dewey

Hmmm, I'd keep trying as there are none that come close to it. Try John Woodwards latest.Strange, I have installed it several times without any issues, it really isn't to complicated an aircraft and you can probably get to working if you just install to a temp folder and copy the files over.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

You should really try and sort out your problem with Aerosoft tech support. They are very helpful, and I am sure you should be able to get it working. I have it and it is a very nice package :-)Good luck!

Graeme Butler

Hello Dewey:I personally prefer the amphibian (dhc2ampv2.zip)and nearly always modify panels to my personal preference. I do not have the Aerosoft bird and if the virtual bit or detailed spot view presentation is a must to you I am afraid you may want to ignore this reply. A "good Beaver" needs defining here as I am not sure any of these will be up to payware or your standards. For what it is worth, some of the freeware offerings are as follow:dhc2ampv2.zipdhc2_04w.zipbvw_ff1.zipbvrwhlv2.zipbvrfltv2.zipbvfl_ff2.zipGood luck:RTH