Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Basic FS9 start-up question (stoopid!)

I can't believe I am about to ask this question after simming for 8+ years, but here goes:In FS9, when I start the sim, it opens up at Create Flight page and I click to load the Cessna at KSEA, etc. But is there a way for me to program the sim so that when I boot up FS9 it has me at KSEA in the Cessna with engines already running, thereby skipping the Create a Flight page? I was sure I did this in earlier versions of the sim, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this now!Appreciate any help here, thanks--and sorry for being so stoopid!JS

Guest lamont

No problem, just make that your default flight and next time FS starts you should be at KSEA ready to go.

Guest Stan V

I'm not sure the answer you received above is correct. Saving and starting with a Default Flight will still get you to the Create Flight screen, only with all of the conditions pre-set from your default saved flight - at least it is that way on my system. You still have to click on "Fly Now" in order to start flying. I know there is a line you can put in the FS9.cfg file like "See Opening Screen=0" that will get you past the Splash Screen but do not know how to jump in and start the sim just as though you had selected "Fly Now" from a default Create Flight screen. I have seen a suggestion elsewhere that if you set your default Windows file access for FLT files to Microsoft Flight Simulator and then double click on a FLT file, that you will go straight to that flight but I have been unable to verify this personally because something is wrong with my system. Anybody else?Stan V.

Never a stupid question other than the one that's not asked!Isn't there a way that a situation file (used to be an .stn file in prior versions, maybe a .flt file now??) can be copied to desktop, then when clicked you will go right to that situation of the C172 at KSEA, bypassing all other opening screens?I may have this wrong, I'm at work right now.Bruce.

I know you can do it JS.StanV is on to something there. I believe the fs9.cfg entry isShowOpeningScreen=0As with Brucek I am going off memory, I am not at home to test my fs rig but I will be pretty soon! It's 5 pm Friday! Anyway I know you can do it. I used to start in Juan Santamaria Airport (MROC) all the time with no creat flight dialog.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Huh! This is an interesting thread! Obviously MS did change something in the program because I remember doing this stuff with no cfg edits or such like on prior versions of the sim. There was just a box to check in SETTINGS or some such thing.I do have about 400 saved flights and yeah, one can click on the icon and get ported directly into the sim thus. Perhaps I'll just save a default flight and use the icon for that. Thing is, it won't be a true default because it'll be saved as of a certain date and time whereas it used to be real-time screen opening on prior versions.JS

Guest Bill Hinton

JS,There is no need to program the "Sim".I suggest that you create (on your Desktop) a shortcut to the "Flight Simulator Files" and rename it "MS Startup Options".All you need to do is open that folder and choose the Flight which you desire to Start.Note:You probably know that you can get the opening screen (without exiting the proogram) by choosing End Flight. I hope this is of benefit to you and other Simmers.Good Luck and Happy Simming,