Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Fast Sync

Has anybody tried Fast Sync in NI yet. (option in Vertical Sync).

There is an update explanation of it in the :-

Nvidia GeForce Tweak Guide

[Page 8] Nvidia Control Panel (Pt.4)

Its for using if you can maintain Frame rates at least 2-3x your display's refresh rate,

bob

23 minutes ago, onebob said:

Its for using if you can maintain Frame rates at least 2-3x your display's refresh rate,

almost impossible with current PC's and P3D V4...

Jorge

I use fast sync anyway, and though obviously I cannot reach a framerate higher than my refresh rate, I get the advantages of vsync disabled without tearing or input lag induced by vsync on + triple buffering. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, onebob said:

That's certainly how it's being sold but I found that it works really well with my 60Hz monitor and sub-60 FPS. I had some slight tearing whilst panning and fast sync sorted it out with no noticeable performance hit. Plus, it doesn't "step down" like standard vsync (that is, it doesn't jump down to 30 FPS when the sim performance drops below 60). Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose (and possibly plenty to gain!).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

11 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That's certainly how it's being sold but I found that it works really well with my 60Hz monitor and sub-60 FPS. I had some slight tearing whilst panning and fast sync sorted it out with no noticeable performance hit. Plus, it doesn't "step down" like standard vsync (that is, it doesn't jump down to 30 FPS when the sim performance drops below 60). Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose (and possibly plenty to gain!).

Thanks for the feed back, just done a quick flight from KCLM-KAST. AS16v4 , FTX PNW. ( thick cloud conditions)

FPS info:-

Minimum frame rate was 33.6 fps, Maximum was 104.1 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 1669 secs = 53.7 fps

running very smooth, still a very(very) slight stutter but have recently put (I think ) that down to some form of sound issue. I recently updated my audio drivers which reduce the stutters but still have a very low buz in the head set.

bob