Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Moving Map For XP11 ??

12 hours ago, mgeiss said:

Nope, I did everything as decribed in the instructions.  You could try a different browser or check your firewall settings. I use Firefox and no firewall or security software which would control or block network traffic.

Got it working last night. I was entering my computer's IP address that's setup statically in my router (192.168.x.x). That is supposed to work but was giving me errors. I tried the 127.0.0.1 address and it worked. Also pulled up the map on my networked laptop and could watch my plane's flight path while sitting downstairs. Pretty cool app.

fs flight control was extremely buggy for x-plane 11 for me, i seen it has an update so i will try a trial version

@janbergwall01: Thank you for the heads-up on FS-Flight Control. I have installed it (trial version) and connected it to my X-Plane installation.

But how do I now connect it to my FSX installation on the same PC?

21 hours ago, jschall said:

@janbergwall01: Thank you for the heads-up on FS-Flight Control. I have installed it (trial version) and connected it to my X-Plane installation.

But how do I now connect it to my FSX installation on the same PC?

Start up FS-FlightControl.

Go to the "Settings" menu.

Up to the left, click on "Simulator Related Settings" box.

Then click on "Simulator" in the top menu.

Then click "Create New Simulator" box.

Then follow the procedure. (Always run "Build database" for new stuff in the simulators)

When all is done and FSX is up and running, you may notice that FS-FlightControl is looking for X-Plane to connect. Up in the right corner, right click on "Connecting to X-Plane/Disconnected" and choose FSX.

When in doubt, use the question-mark.

Regards,

On 2017-07-29 at 10:36 PM, Patriot3810 said:

fs flight control was extremely buggy for x-plane 11 for me, i seen it has an update so i will try a trial version

I'm using it for X-plane 11 all the time. Especially for flight-plan creation and the moving map. I admit it takes some time to find the ways in the program, but after a while or two, you discover how great it is. I was using EFB by AivlaSoft for many years in FSX before I converted to X-plane and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. FS-FlightControl is on that level and has much more features that actually bring more to the simming than many high-level add-ons do together.

One thing: By right-clicking everywhere, you discover new things. For example: Right-click in the map on an airport and you find out SIDs/STARs you can try out, weather conditions and general info for the airport in question and much more. Same goes for VORs, NDBs etc.

It must be great for IVAO, Vatsim and PilotEdge pilots, as you have full cover in the moving map of ATCs, Airspaces and of course other fellow pilots moving on the map.

Remember that the X-plane module is still in Beta! Still it works like a charm and is updated all the time. Actually got an update today!

The only thing I don't like is the black menu design, but I can live with that :). Maybe I can change it but haven't discovered it yet.

Regards,

• Upvote 1