Sign in to follow this  
thydney1970

P3dv4 CoD

Gentlemen,

I have just installed P3Dv4 the first time with several addons, also PMDG 737NGX. After installing FTX Global Base, Vector, and GlobalLC Products I also have installed the free Airport Packs EU & NA. After selecting an airport of somewhere and when the flight, scenery is loading P3Dv4 is crashing to desktop. I reloaded P3Dv4 several times but the crash is permanent given. After uninstalling the FTX EU GLOBAL Airport Pack everything is working properly again and P3Dv4 works perfect.First I tought that EU Airport Pack is not fully P3Dv4 compatible and must be the reason for the CoD?

After sending in my ErrorLogfile to the FTX developers I got informed, that the reason for the error/CoD must be within PMDG 737NGX and got following answer :

"Hello, RAASPRO is nothing at all to do with the freeware airport pack. Far more likely that it was installed with your PMDG aircraft."

I like to inform you too, that I don't use fs2crew until now and nothing therefore is installed from my side. That's why I would like to know, how I can solve this issue and your support is highly appreciated.

The entries I have actually on top of my error logfile says the following :

[error.0]
error=Error loading ".\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

[error.1]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\texture.BA\texture.cfg
 Section:fltsim
 Key:fallback.3

For you information, I have a new computer with following specs:

CPU i7 7700X, 32GB DDR Corsair 2400MhZ RAM, Samsung Evo 860 M2 512GB SSD module for Win10 Pro 64Bit, Samsung Evo Pro 840 500GB for P3D, Asus Nvidia GTX 970 4GB GPU

My completely new installed P3Dv4 comprises following products:

P3Dv4

PMDG 737NGX

FTX GLOBAL Base

FTX EU & NA GlobalLC

FTX Global Vector

FSDT Zurich, JFK V2, KORD, KLAX, Geneva

Justsim EDDL, LEBL

Editivoice Pack

HIFI AS for P3Dv4 & ASCA

Would be great to hear from you and thank you very much in supporting me with this issue and getting working the P3Dv4 working properly again.

kind regards

22 minutes ago, thydney1970 said:

Gentlemen,

I have just installed P3Dv4 the first time with several addons, also PMDG 737NGX. After installing FTX Global Base, Vector, and GlobalLC Products I also have installed the free Airport Packs EU & NA. After selecting an airport of somewhere and when the flight, scenery is loading P3Dv4 is crashing to desktop. I reloaded P3Dv4 several times but the crash is permanent given. After uninstalling the FTX EU GLOBAL Airport Pack everything is working properly again and P3Dv4 works perfect.First I tought that EU Airport Pack is not fully P3Dv4 compatible and must be the reason for the CoD?

After sending in my ErrorLogfile to the FTX developers I got informed, that the reason for the error/CoD must be within PMDG 737NGX and got following answer :

"Hello, RAASPRO is nothing at all to do with the freeware airport pack. Far more likely that it was installed with your PMDG aircraft."

I like to inform you too, that I don't use fs2crew until now and nothing therefore is installed from my side. That's why I would like to know, how I can solve this issue and your support is highly appreciated.

For you information, I have a new computer with following specs:

CPU i7 7700X, 32GB DDR Corsair 2400MhZ RAM, Samsung Evo 860 M2 512GB SSD module for Win10 Pro 64Bit, Samsung Evo Pro 840 500GB for P3D, Asus Nvidia GTX 970 4GB GPU

My completely new installed P3Dv4 comprises following products:

P3Dv4

PMDG 737NGX

FTX GLOBAL Base

FTX EU & NA GlobalLC

FTX Global Vector

FSDT Zurich, JFK V2, KORD, KLAX, Geneva

Justsim EDDL, LEBL

Editivoice Pack

HIFI AS for P3Dv4 & ASCA

Would be great to hear from you and thank you very much in supporting me with this issue and getting working the P3Dv4 working properly again.

kind regards

Okay so it works without ORBX Global airport pack but not with it. I don't use the pack but I do have Vector and Global with no issues. The fact it's crashing with the airports enabled but not without definitely leads me to think that's the issue. RAASPro hasn't been enabled in P3Dv4 yet so it's definitely not caused by that.

Looking at the ORBX website, the packs are P3Dv4 compatible so there's something gone amiss here. I'm guessing you've gone crazy installing all these addons without actually checking. Can you fire up the sim, load a flight, let it crash. Go to start > type "event" > open "Event Viewer" > On the left side expand "Windows Logs" > Click "Applications" > Find P3D crash in the list. It'll be near the top when organised by newest first and will be marked with a red exclamation mark. Click on it and in the details section that opens at the bottom, copy and past the entire section here. Specifically we're looking for "Faulting module".

FYI: PMDG require full names are posted in the forums.

The NGX never had RAAS featured. Still doesn't.  The error.0 is just informational:  the module was not loaded and is not the cause for the crash.  The duplicate texture folder is odd but will not cause a crash.

The EU Airport Pack is not available for P3Dv4 according to Orbx FTXCentral, which you should be using to install and manage Orbx products.  Orbx provides very good support but it is possible that someone in the forum gave you a misdirection.  First of all, you found the problem, the EU Airport Pack.  Stick to using FTXCentral and you'll be okay.

Dan Downs KCRP

According FTX/ORBX Support and having contact with them directly, they confirmed me that the EU airport Pack is fully compatible and it is available from FTX Homepage officially. I installed the airport pack beside the north american one via FTX central 3. the NA pack works without any problems. According FTX everything should work properly but thank you for your advices. I don't have any idea from where the RAAS was installed. According my log its coming from PMDG installation as mentioned already.

I'm actually checking my P3D install but you help is still appreciated in solving that.

What's a CoD? The only references I know here are Cash on Delivery or Call of Duty. I'm assuming we're discussing a Crash to Desktop (CtD)?

The aircraft.cfg entry won't crash the sim. RAAS might. I don't recall it going into the latest update of the NGX, though, so I'm not sure the finger pointing to us is well-founded.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi scandinavian,

Well I have a crash to desktop and above mentioned entries in my error logfile , please see therefore my first topic on top. I don't and would never fingerpointing on PMDG, I'm only looking for getting support to solve my problem. I ordered last week PMDG737NGX and installed it with the latest available download files from your page. That's why I guess I already have installed the most actual version. I'm still new with P3D and did the change from FSX directly to P3Dv4 and from 2 weeks ago first, I never used and don't have any fs2crew products installed on my system but as iti seems, the problem comes from RAASPRO which is fs2crew oriented as far as i know. PMDG is the only 3rd party addon plane which I have installed and I will only use PMDG planes for the future too. I only have put in the comment from FTX/ORBX on top which refers to PMDG. Tat's why I'm asking here for support.

I have absolutely no idea from which other addons the CtD can come. Can it be Editvoice Pack XL? According FSDT support, the file is not used from one of their products, and beside FSDT Airports I only have Hifi Active Sky and ASCA installed and 2 airports from Justsim.

Regarding lonhaulers from PMDG I'm still unsure which one I should buy. PMDG 747-400v3 or PMDG 777-200/300. Which one is better ? ;-).

Looking forward hearing from you again and thank you very much.

I have just checked the windows event viewer and there is no entry mentioned on P3D under applications. I just have reinstalled the EU airport pack and P3D crashed back to desktop again after a few seconds of loading a scenario. the progress bar is not comingon top and is not visible until P3D crashes. I also like to mention that the selected scenario is loaded with the standard plane of P3D, the PA36. I will uninstall the EU airport pack and without them everything works perfect. For me, I see the problem there honestly and maybe an upcoming update of the EU airport pack by FTX will solve the problem. We will see.

Thank you very much for your support here and it's a pity I can't solve it for the moment.

If an Orbx product isn't available in FTXCentral, and the EU Airport Pack isn't yet, then I'm not installing it.  I am waiting on all the Orbx airports I used to have in P3Dv3. 

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm coming back to this topic once again and created by me and the CtD failure of P3Dv4. As mentioned in my first topic I have in my error logfile following problem mentioned which could be the reason for my CtD's :

[error.0]
error=Error loading ".\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required

I checked my P3Dv4 main folder and found the RAASPRO folder there to my surprise. Afterwards I uninstalled and removed completely the PMDG737NGX Base Pack today from my system and I also deleted afterwards the RAASPRO folder manually within P3Dv4. After restarting my system I reinstalled PMDG 737NGX Base Pack again. To my surprise, after the install of PMDG737NGX the RAASPRO folder was installed again and together with PMDG737NGX. That's why I can say that this folder is installed together with the PMDG install. Going into the RAASPRO folder, there is in the DLL folder only a 32Bit version installed which doesn't crrespond to 64bit philosophy of P3Dv4 and thats why I really guess that this is the problem of my CtD.

As already said yesterday I don't wanna fingerpointing on PMDG because your products are just great and overwhelming, I just wanna help to improve the product herewith and wanna give constructive feedback to the developers. 

I'm looking forward hearing from you once again and if there is a possibility to block the install of the RAASPRO together with the PMDG install procedure just let me know. As already said, i don't use fs2crew and never had installed one of these products.

kind regards.

They are getting ready to implement RAAS in the NGX I think, just my observations nothing concrete.  In the case of the 777 and 747 that do have RAAS there is no way to decline the installation of the module; however, the aircraft equipment options allow you to chose to use the option or not.  Being realistic, most elect to use it.  The fact that a 32b module is where a 64 module is expected is not a problem, the 64b update is coming along and will be released shortly.

Why would you want to block the install of the RAAS module?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your information. Where can I choose to use the RAASPRO option or not ? Within P3D under Addons ? As earlier written, the RAASPRO 32bit module is logged in my errorreport of P3D and that's why I would prefer to block it due to incompatibility to v4. And if I don't use fs2crew tools I don't see why to have something installed which I don't use.

kind regards

The strange is that you get that as an error. We all have that DLL loaded on the dll.xml and we do not get a crash. I suggest to try to manually edit the DLL.xml and set the RAAS not to load by setting the disabled to true.

Don't forget to backup the dll before doing any actions :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

8 minutes ago, thydney1970 said:

Thanks for your information. Where can I choose to use the RAASPRO option or not ? Within P3D under Addons ? As earlier written, the RAASPRO 32bit module is logged in my errorreport of P3D and that's why I would prefer to block it due to incompatibility to v4. And if I don't use fs2crew tools I don't see why to have something installed which I don't use.

kind regards

The platform won't load a 32 bit dll if it's a 64 bit sim. Everyone's P3Dv4 has the 32 bit RAAS module installed and it doesn't cause crashes.