Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Fs2Crew 737 and voice recognition

I've set my voice recognition in win10 to English-US, (although god knows why I should have to I don't want to speak in an American voice, only proper Queen's English here please :) )

However FS2Crew is still giving me the crappy green message saying there's an error and I need to reset my voice recognition settings... *sigh* :(

Help?

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

ach, never mind solved.

Stupid windows 10 settings (Time and Language>Speech> select language) don't actually change the speech language.  I had to go into the advanced settings (helpfully not shown even with a link, thanks M$) in order to change it.

Stupid operating system, made for idiots....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

ach, never mind solved.

Stupid windows 10 settings (Time and Language>Speech> select language) don't actually change the speech language.  I had to go into the advanced settings (helpfully not shown even with a link, thanks M$) in order to change it.

Yeah, I can't bring myself to put Windows 10 on my sim computer.  I hate it on my other computers. I guess I'll have to eventually though. 

I wish someone would make a guide on how to gut W10 of all the smoke and bull, just leaving a nice stream-lined OS.

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

ach, never mind solved.

Glad you got it sorted.  Windows 10 is great in my view, but I agree, they should make the Voice setting option easier to change.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, byork said:

Glad you got it sorted.  Windows 10 is great in my view, but I agree, they should make the Voice setting option easier to change.

Yes, no apparent issue with FS2Crew, OS and user error!  Win10 has been ok performance-wise, settings seem to be an area where there's a dumbed down top level that you have to remember to fight through to get to the proper stuff....

xaP1VAU.png