Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

What Is This Error Message Please?

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Yesterday and today,  I had experienced freeze (screen freeze) of FSX during climbing after take off in few flights.  Usually 7 minutes after take off.

I looked at event viewer and could NOT find any errors for FSX.

But scrolling down few days back and I saw the following words that I am wondering if any of you know what in the heck this is as seen below.

What can I do to fix this error that is called  Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64 error message for FSX?  What caused it? The description says:

Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64

fsx.exe

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR155.temp\empty.text

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER156.tempWERInternalMetadata.xml

I have no idea what is it????  I ran sfc/scannow and it revealed no problems.

I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Pro operating system

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I got fed up by strange freezes of FSX so I rebooted the pc and now I am flying a testing flight while FSX seems to be holding and running without problems.

That does not solve my two questions:  Why did FSX freeze in few flights yesterday and today?  And why was there NO NO NO error messages in the event viewer???

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Radar_Pre_Leak is basically Windows memory leak detector so you have a memory leak in FSX.

The error does appear in the Event Viewer.  It is the only place it would show up.  You have to open Event Viewer and check in the location as stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide (around page 4). 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good morning Jim,

Yes you are correct that it is called memory leak during FSX use.  However, I ran all tests and the laptop passed all tests with flying colors including memory diagnostic test.

Oh well  let's hope it was one time glitch!!  So far I flew a successful flight without problem which meant that simple reboot worked the trick.

LOL

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

N1125Y,

Thanks for the post and link but I am using Intel. However, I flew three next flights without problem and let's hope it remains the same way!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg