Sign in to follow this  
him225

Realistic off pavement ground behavior?

Is there an addon or tweak that can give realistic off pavement behavior of friction and gear pressure handling? In MSFS and p3d it is hardly noticeable when the wheels of an airliner stray off the taxiway on to ground/dirt and come back on like nothing happened.  This takes away from the necessity and challenge to keep the plane like 77W on taxiway.

FSUIPC for FSX/P3DV3.  Not present in V4.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ok, was looking to fix it in v4. Its strange though why p3d doesn't yet natively simulate the correct unpaved ground characteristics.

Will fsuipc add this soon or remain unsupported in v4?

It's actually not possible in V4, which is why it doesn't have it.  Maybe (big maybe) LM will update this at some point and Pete can add it to FSUIPC, but getting a time line of that is asking a lot!  Writing to LM or Pete and ask about it?

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Doubt Pete will add it as the offsets keep changing now, but if you are brave..... you can edit sim1.dll like I have to create the frictions you require. In my sim I have written my own airfile which models the GE90 engine as accurately as posssible using NASAs enginesim. When you have set real life thrust v N1 in the sim, the friction physics really start to wreak havoc with your creation. Therefore using the breakaway thrust values that Boeing publish for the GE90 i was able to reverse engineer what the optimal fsim value should be for sim1.dll with a corresponding airfile.

I have set grass/dirt at a high value to model the effects of running off the taxiway and ice contamination now means slippery surfaces in my sim!

of course this is all irrlevant for most because it will break all the commercial aircraft which have been "fudged" to overcome the poor default friction values. Maybe one day LM will fix this and break the backwards compatability 

more here http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ground-friction.440265/