Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Lite Version file sizes

I just purchased and installed the 690B (v1.1) in FSX. I noted that my graphics card was being challenged even in the Lite version.

Checking the .mdl files it seems that the full version and Lite version are both the same size. I thought the Lite interior.mdl should be much smaller than the full version.

Anyone else notice this? What file size is the Lite Versions interior.mdl in your installation?

Jesse Cochran

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I looked at mine. 

In P3Dv4 the interior models are the same size (about 88M).

In P3Dv3 the LITE interior is only about 42M. 

I have no idea why there is a difference in v3 but not in v4.  So I took the smaller interior model from v3 and put in the v4 airplane.  Seems to work just fine except that it tries to load a GTN.

I think it may have been an installer error that put the large interior in both aircraft. 

Edit:  It looks like it's the panel modification exe that is doing it.  If you install the GTN panel (not currently available in v4) the interior model comes out at ~42M.  If you install the Carenado 530 model (the only thing available in v4) it comes out at 88M.  Odd......

Sent a ticket to Carenado and had a response within 2 hours or so. They are coming out with an update in a couple of weeks and will include the fix.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals