Sign in to follow this  
Christian1

P2A-Worth to buy despite of sound issues ???

my answer is yes, definitely !

I tried 124thATC(0€) and xLife de Luxe(19€). Both have their justification and are not bad, but P2A offers a lot more which is why the 69€ is good invested money.

I only have some issues with the sounds. I admit, some of them may have not to do with P2A but with MS Speech Engine....

a) When I press the Sayit button I hear a long lasting melody which nerves me. Under Config I don't find a possibility to turn this off

b) The chatter mp3 files are played in loop until the change to another controller. If you have allocated a chatter file to this controller, then this one is played in loop until the cows come home. Wouldn't it be better if you hear the chatter file only if you are connected to any controller ? Or is that unrealistic, because the cockpit hears everything which is spoken in their operating distance whether it is connected to a controller or not

c) The biggest problem for me is, that the controller voice is very clear, it sounds like coming just like beside from me and not from miles away. I wonder if its possible to let pass the controller voice through an Equalizer plugin which could turn down the signal to a telephone voice level

Apart from that as stated above, I will purchase soon

RG

Christian/Germany

Christian,

Glad you are enjoying Pilot2ATC.

Here are the solutions to your problems.

a) On the Btns tab of Config, uncheck the Play Tone option in the Speech Recognized Tone box.  Or change the sound file to one you like.

b) There are several ways to set up  the Chatter.  You can set it up using the Controllers option and put multiple files in each folder and these files will be played one after the other while on that controller.  See the User's Guide for more details.

c) You can set the volume of each controller's voice on the Voices tab of Config.  If you want to make the voice sound distorted, see the Pinned thread in this forum.  

Regards,

Dave