Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

Fancy a good laugh?

There's always one. This has got to be one of the funniest things in a longtime. I think this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a truestory from the Word Perfect Helpline, which was transcribed from arecording monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say, theHelp Desk employee was fired; however, he/she is currently suing the WordPerfect organization for "Termination without Cause".Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee. (Now Iknow why they record these conversations!):Operator: "Ridge Hall, computer assistance; may I help you?"Caller: "Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."Operator: "What sort of trouble??"Caller: "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words wentaway."Operator: "Went away?"Caller: "They disappeared."Operator: "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"Caller: "Nothing."Operator: "Nothing??"Caller: "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."Operator: "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out??"Caller: "How do I tell?"Operator: "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen??"Caller: "What's a sea-prompt?"Operator: "Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"Caller: "There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything Itype."Operator: "Does your monitor have a power indicator??"Caller: "What's a monitor?"Operator: "It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Doesit have a little light that tells you when it's on??"Caller: "I don't know."Operator: "Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where thepower cord goes into it. Can you see that??"Caller: "Yes, I think so."Operator: "Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's pluggedinto the wall.Caller: "Yes, it is."Operator: "When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there weretwo cables plugged into the back of it, not just one??"Caller: "No."Operator: "Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and findthe other cable."Caller: "Okay, here it is."Operator: "Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into theback of your computer."Caller: "I can't reach."Operator: "Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is??"Caller: "No."Operator: "Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean wayover??"Caller: "Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's becauseit's dark."Operator: "Dark??"Caller: "Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is comingin from the window."Operator: "Well, turn on the office light then."Caller: "I can't."Operator: "No? Why not??"Caller: "Because there's a power failure."Operator: "A power... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now.Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computercame in??"Caller: "Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."Operator: "Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up justlike it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought itfrom."Caller: "Really? Is it that bad?"Operator: "Yes, I'm afraid it is."Caller: "Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them??"Operator: "Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer"Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

?????????????????????????? :-xxrotflmao Hoo boy - I would not have been 'brave' enough to say that last line but man oh man, this person is astonishing :-doh :-zhelpI mean come on, the most generous scenario I can come up with is a really elderly and/or alzheimer-suffering or similarly mentally challenged person who really could'nt know better. (edit - scratch that - the office light was off :-xxrotflmao )Otherwise, I'd be hard pressed not to agree :) regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

I used to work on a tech help line, and of course, things like these were always going round. This is a story, really funny one, but thats it, a story. One site somewhere, actually posted this as a fake and advertising as such, and with the nature of the internet, it was taken and passed around other joke sites, being reported as true. It even got on slashdot i think.

will you people please let this thread die so's I can live this down - please? :-hmmm :-hang :-newbie regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256