Sign in to follow this  
mdevrindt

CTD when getting to close to other (Ivao) online aircraft

Hello pilots I have a strange problem.

I fly p3dv4 online via the IVAO network but have the problem when getting to close to an other online plane (IVAO player) p3d crashes to desktop (menus.dll error). This happens all the time. (a reboot of P3d and or PC does not fix this). 

Situation: I see the online plane (in this case from a friend of mine), no problem at all but as soon as I get in the near neighborhood of his plane (for example when on departure line up behind) my p3dv4 crashes to windows 10 desktop.  I reinstalled the MTL files no solution. I uninstalled IVAP and did a fresh install of IVAP (latest version) and downloaded the MTL files again no solution. It still crashes when getting to close to other aircraft. (crash detection in P3DV4 is off). Avatar modes on or of is no solution.  I use a registered version FSUIPC 5. I just do not understand why the sim works fine, I see the online (ivao) traffic but only when getting to close I have a CTD. Looks like it has something to do with the distance to another plane. Switching planes from my side (standard P3Dv4 plane and or PMDG 737 is no solution) My friend on the other side switching plane is no solution. Choosing a different MTL file in IVAP is no solution.

Does anyone else have this problem also? I could use some help on this. Thank you all already for support.

Regards Mike.

Hi how did you even manage to show other traffic in the first place on IVAO? I always only see the landing lights, or sometimes a black aircraft. (P3Dv4)

40 minutes ago, ber17118 said:

Hi how did you even manage to show other traffic in the first place on IVAO? I always only see the landing lights, or sometimes a black aircraft. (P3Dv4)

https://flightsimeindhoven.wordpress.com/category/knowledge-base/ivao-ivac-ivap/

In this flying a vfr tour (I was flying the default mooney). When we did a IFR (both flying a 737) I also only had his lights and tail, no 737 body or wings.

Incompatible 3D (FS9) models will crash your sim.

IVAO have get their MTL together, too much garbage in there.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Incompatible 3D (FS9) models will crash your sim.

IVAO have get their MTL together, too much garbage in there.

@Joe, so you are saying everyone with P3DV4 and IVAO / IVAP are experiencing the same phenomenon I have?