Sign in to follow this  
blackbird7

Do you fly the Duke Turbine with Autopliot On or Off?

I've been flying RealAir's Duke Turbine as of late.  However, I find it incredibly difficult to maintain a steady altitude when the is autopilot OFF.  Sometimes, I get lucky, and I am able to tweak the elevator trim to where I can fly with a mostly steady altitude.  

For this reason, are higher-powered GA aircraft such as the Duke normally flown with the autopilot ON?

1 minute ago, blackbird7 said:

For this reason, are higher-powered GA aircraft such as the Duke normally flown with the autopilot ON?

Yes.  They are.  I know there are a lot of people on this forum that like to "flex their muscles" about how great they are flying manually.  But, contrary to this show of strength, that's not the way it's done in the real world.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

46 minutes ago, klamal said:

Yes.  They are.  I know there are a lot of people on this forum that like to "flex their muscles" about how great they are flying manually.  But, contrary to this show of strength, that's not the way it's done in the real world.  :)

Quite true. Sophisticated GA aircraft like these, as well as things like late model Mooney's, Cirrus etc. are designed to be flown this way. Fly them by the numbers.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, klamal said:

58 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Quite true. Sophisticated GA aircraft like these, as well as things like late model Mooney's, Cirrus etc. are designed to be flown this way. Fly them by the numbers.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the replies gents. :)