Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Lose control

Hi! Today I flew the tutorial #1. When I approach waypoint LELEM I received a warning "cabin altitude". Then my 777 turn left and start a dive. Everything appears quickly. When I Take control the A/P disengage as it should do. I add 3 pic from the incident. I have followed the instructions carefully in tutorial #1

Ib3qyNiGng5Vmq0XIEWKPaokKQoLE5Zd35i0kHgBkEO_-Qxq51ISd1ZV2P8GAlCwwPCuKUGHg_dQLU5g

ANFf1GsNEZ4AlyBWVkUCmHflSlJpzGTEJBHAttwX

The cabin altitude indication suggests that you have a panel state problem.  Make sure you are not setting the PMDG product as the default aircraft in your simulator.  Start the simulation session exactly as instructed in the Tutorial.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

The cabin altitude indication suggests that you have a panel state problem.  Make sure you are not setting the PMDG product as the default aircraft in your simulator.  Start the simulation session exactly as instructed in the Tutorial.

Hi! Yes, I follow the tutorial by the book. No I have a std. FSX flight as default. I just perform a flight ESSA-UUEE with only one Deviation from programmed route. I reset F.D and reconnect A/P and then rest of the flight went without remarks. What does "Panel state" mean?

Panel states are described in the Introduction, it is the state of your panel including all switch settings and instrument values.  The problem you exhibit could occur if you had a tail strike during takeoff.  In case you missed it, that will be annunciated on the center DU.  If so, try to limit your nose up during rotation to about 8 or 10 deg until you have some air below you.

Dan Downs KCRP

The cabin altitude is 90,800 ft and descending. That isn't the result of a decompression. No way should cabin altitude be any higher than aircraft altitude. Then there's the roll inverted. I wonder if it's a weather related issue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just now, kevinh said:

The cabin altitude is 90,800 ft and descending. That isn't the result of a decompression. No way should cabin altitude be any higher than aircraft altitude. Then there's the roll inverted. I wonder if it's a weather related issue.

Yes, maybe a weather issue. I use AS16 and ASCA. Yesterday I fly ESSA-UUEE. When I reach T.D. my 747 turn left and begin a step descend. I've never been able to fly so far before. The weather was calm and a excellent evening for a flight. I use EZDOK cam and that add on give some "###### happens" to sim-people out there. I have disconnect my EZDOK But the problem is still alive.

Give up on the Tutorial?

Dan Downs KCRP

37 minutes ago, downscc said:

Give up on the Tutorial?

Yes, but I follow the tutorial partly. Right now I am om my way to T.C. I notice a message when my 747 take the wrong turn.

Take a look at my pic. IRSx3

hX5ZI7Af_orOqxUty3khfdVAhaIY26pq19r8HvPr

I received the IRS message again and my 747 stopped following the route after that. How to reset or reconnect IRS DC during a flight? I guess my aircraft lost contact with GPS. 

The IRS messages appear because DC power was removed.  If you follow the tutorial there should not be a DC power issue because you start from the create scenario screen with a default configured aircraft, engines running and everything ready for setting up the flight.  First you should see the 20 sec countdown then you start following the steps on page 11.  Then you set up fuel and payload, preflight the FMS with the planned flight, set up the MCP with takeoff data and a few other tasks you're ready for takeoff on page 63.  That is 52 pages of reading and steps to take to get ready for takeoff but no where is there a need to configure electrical systems or ADIRS.

That error message is as odd as the previous errors you had with cabin altitude.  I don't have a clue what you could do to create those errors on purpose.  All I know is that if you follow the steps you will not have a problem.  Just keep restarting the Tutorial until you make progress.

I assume you did not enter a fixed configuration entry into the Aircraft Setup page on the FMS since you do not yet know about panel states.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

I received the IRS message again and my 747 stopped following the route after that. How to reset or reconnect IRS DC during a flight? I guess my aircraft lost contact with GPS. 

Can you show us an image of your overhead panel, pedestal and main panel when this happens. 

Just now, PMDG777 said:

Can you show us an image of your overhead panel, pedestal and main panel when this happens. 

Yes! I going to send picture later, today.

Just now, downscc said:

The IRS messages appear because DC power was removed.  If you follow the tutorial there should not be a DC power issue because you start from the create scenario screen with a default configured aircraft, engines running and everything ready for setting up the flight.  First you should see the 20 sec countdown then you start following the steps on page 11.  Then you set up fuel and payload, preflight the FMS with the planned flight, set up the MCP with takeoff data and a few other tasks you're ready for takeoff on page 63.  That is 52 pages of reading and steps to take to get ready for takeoff but no where is there a need to configure electrical systems or ADIRS.

That error message is as odd as the previous errors you had with cabin altitude.  I don't have a clue what you could do to create those errors on purpose.  All I know is that if you follow the steps you will not have a problem.  Just keep restarting the Tutorial until you make progress.

I assume you did not enter a fixed configuration entry into the Aircraft Setup page on the FMS since you do not yet know about panel states.

I am very careful how I program FSX. I did not know what you meant by "panel state" but now I know. When I follow the tutorial I get no warning. When I start up my 747 I follow FCOM Normal Procedures. Maybe is something that does not match my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog. I going to follow the tutorial today, as you suggest.

6 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

I am very careful how I program FSX. I did not know what you meant by "panel state" but now I know. When I follow the tutorial I get no warning. When I start up my 747 I follow FCOM Normal Procedures. Maybe is something that does not match my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog. I going to follow the tutorial today, as you suggest.

I also use the thrustmaster earth of joystick + throttle with CH pro pedals and have no issues at all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PMDG777 said:

I also use the thrustmaster earth of joystick + throttle with CH pro pedals and have no issues at all. 

I am very happy to here That!