Sign in to follow this  
esmjohnston

Controller Disconecting PMDG 737NGX issue only

Hi

Having issues with controller disconnecting. Have FSX Steam edition with the PMDG 737 NGX.

I load the aircraft, always set to Cold and Dark - however the moment I click away from FSX to my ACARS or weather when I get back to FSX the controller is no longer registered in FSX. I have searched all over 
for the answers to this with not much help. Yes I have unchecked all the power management features etc on the USB hubs. 

Steps taken

Fresh Install of PC & FSX Steam
All ORBX Australia Scenery 
Active Sky Next
ACARS
Dash 8 - Q400 
PMDG 737-800 NGX

I have tested and tried the Dash 8 with my acars and active sky clicking away from FSX numerous times with no problems. The minute I load the 737-800 and click away from FSX to load flight plan in Active Sky and launch ACARS move back to FSX and controller disconnects from FSX. Don't even get to fly it - I can use any other aircraft with no problems at all. However if I don't click away from FSX the I was able to do a circuit in the 737 with no disconnects?? 

Using Windows 8.1
Decent spec Laptop no problems in running FSX 
only using the logitech Extreme 3d Pro Stick 

Any help appreciated. 

3 hours ago, esmjohnston said:

Hi

Having issues with controller disconnecting. Have FSX Steam edition with the PMDG 737 NGX.

I load the aircraft, always set to Cold and Dark - however the moment I click away from FSX to my ACARS or weather when I get back to FSX the controller is no longer registered in FSX. I have searched all over 
for the answers to this with not much help. Yes I have unchecked all the power management features etc on the USB hubs. 

Steps taken

Fresh Install of PC & FSX Steam
All ORBX Australia Scenery 
Active Sky Next
ACARS
Dash 8 - Q400 
PMDG 737-800 NGX

I have tested and tried the Dash 8 with my acars and active sky clicking away from FSX numerous times with no problems. The minute I load the 737-800 and click away from FSX to load flight plan in Active Sky and launch ACARS move back to FSX and controller disconnects from FSX. Don't even get to fly it - I can use any other aircraft with no problems at all. However if I don't click away from FSX the I was able to do a circuit in the 737 with no disconnects?? 

Using Windows 8.1
Decent spec Laptop no problems in running FSX 
only using the logitech Extreme 3d Pro Stick 

Any help appreciated. 

I think you are more likely to get better help in the hardware forums as this is not PMDG related, even if it does work with other aircraft.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:17 AM, PMDG777 said:

I think you are more likely to get better help in the hardware forums as this is not PMDG related, even if it does work with other aircraft.

Hello, I have a similar issue.  I just updated the PMDG 737 NGX in P3D v4. - I believe its 1.20.8413 - the latest one offered for P3D v4.     Upon landing, I suddenly have no rudder control - whereas at the beginning of the flight, the rudder works fine.  I touch down, reverse thrust etc,but no rudder anymore -but the toe brakes work ! Cannot taxi to the gate !  This behavior JUST started after updating the NGX from Aerosoft this morning.  The rudder is the only axis that disconnects - throttles, aileron, elevator all fine.  I hardly ever land with A/T or Autopilot, they are always disconnected well before touchdown - the way I fly.  

P3D v4, ORBX scenery, AS16, ASCA, PTA.  I also use FSUIPC v5.  

Gosh I hope this isn't a dumbo question....but I dont do anything different vs. the last version of the aircraft,  and this problem did not exist.  

thanks, 

John Bullock

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

4 hours ago, joby33y said:

Hello, I have a similar issue.  I just updated the PMDG 737 NGX in P3D v4. - I believe its 1.20.8413 - the latest one offered for P3D v4.     Upon landing, I suddenly have no rudder control - whereas at the beginning of the flight, the rudder works fine.  I touch down, reverse thrust etc,but no rudder anymore -but the toe brakes work ! Cannot taxi to the gate !  This behavior JUST started after updating the NGX from Aerosoft this morning.  The rudder is the only axis that disconnects - throttles, aileron, elevator all fine.  I hardly ever land with A/T or Autopilot, they are always disconnected well before touchdown - the way I fly.  

P3D v4, ORBX scenery, AS16, ASCA, PTA.  I also use FSUIPC v5.  

Gosh I hope this isn't a dumbo question....but I dont do anything different vs. the last version of the aircraft,  and this problem did not exist.  

thanks, 

John Bullock

I've been having the same issues ever since the last update, however, it's throttle power being lost. Shortly after pushback the power plants become unresponsive but throttles do move. It also happens randomly during flight. The last few tries have lost power to 17% with no response from the throttles.

Everything else works, ailerons, rudder etc. 

Try moving your FSUIPC .ini from the modules folder to the desktop and assign your controllers in P3D/FSX