Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

ChasePlane and GoFlight P8 Button module

I have installed an evaluation copy of ChasePlane primarily to test whether it can recognise buttons on a GoFlight P8 module. Sadly it can't. FSUIPC does and recognises a button on the P8 module as joystick #101, button 6.

There is a workaround. Assign the view to a key combo and then use that combo in FSUIPC for the relevant button. But that requires a key combo to be available and depending on how CP is configured the user may require multiple key assignments which may or may not be available.

Is it possible for ChasePlane to recognise a button on a GoFlight module?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We fixed an issue in the latest build regarding Joystick connections. Can you let me know if it works with the latest Experimental update?

Thank you

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

We fixed an issue in the latest build regarding Joystick connections. Can you let me know if it works with the latest Experimental update?

Thank you

I'll check tomorrow morning, thanks Keven. I have to say setting up the views was very easy. Very intuitive interface. The only thing I had to look up was how to change the order of the views. CTRL key - so easy.

I hope CP can detect GoFlight buttons, fingers crossed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Keven,

I'm running v0.3.90 Beta Exp and sorry to report that CP is still not responding to GoFlight buttons.

Can I provide you with a log if that would help? It's important to me that I can assign buttons direct to a button without having to use a key combo as a workaround.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sure, you can generate a Report file from the Preferences and send it to us via email.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Sure, you can generate a Report file from the Preferences and send it to us via email.

Will do, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather