Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JYW

Major headaches activating JAR A330 XP11

3 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I recently paid the upgrade fee to go from the XP10 to the XP11 version of the JAR A330.

When I loaded the plane the first time, I got lot's of red SASL errors, and when I tried to enter my serial number I got "activation error".

I then learned of a manual way of activating (via the SASL website) but when I generated my activation key and placed it where instructed in the A330 root folder, I get exactly the same thing on loading the plane - the activation window still appears, along with lot's or red error messages saying that the "A330 aircraft systems (SASL) have not activated!".

Before I start the process of going through JAR's support with this, I just thought I'd ask in this (more familiar) community, to see if anyone knows what the problem might be?

I am using XP 11.05, and the latest version of the A330 (2.2 RC1), which is stated as being compatible with XP 11.05.

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just did the same thing.  Dis you unzip the file first? Inside the unzipped folder you should see _MACOSX   and OpenMeAndRead.  Inside OpenMe is the 330_JARDesign for Windows.  Just put that in your airplane folder.  Activate with your original code.

Dennis

1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

I just did the same thing.  Dis you unzip the file first? Inside the unzipped folder you should see _MACOSX   and OpenMeAndRead.  Inside OpenMe is the 330_JARDesign for Windows.  Just put that in your airplane folder.  Activate with your original code.

Dennis

Yes, I unzipped the file ... and placed the aircraft folder into the correct location.

The issue concerns some sort of issue / conflict with the SASL plug in, used by the aircraft.