Sign in to follow this  
FromTheFlightDeck_Sim

Freeware 737NG VC Project for FSX

Hello fellow simmers and designers,

I'm designing a freeware 737NG cockpit for FSX. I'm new to modeling, but I've already got some progress done on SketchUp. I'm planning to make it look simple as possible, but maintaining a good cockpit look that is much better than the on Microsoft provided us with.

http://prntscr.com/g8hqpx

I would like to ask some questions.

1. How do I animate knobs and switches that the user can toggle?

2. How can I apply gauges to my model once it is completed?

3. How can I make the model so it can be used in FSX?

Note this is a side project, and I am not accepting donations. I just want to do this for fun but also support the freeware community as there aren't very great 737 VCs out there for free.

Step 1 would be to use a 3d modeling program for which there is support for exporting to FSX/P3D. Given that this is 'freeware' I'd recommend Blender, since there is a set of export tools freely available. Sketchup is not suitable for aircraft modeling, but is marginally suitable for scenery buildings, etc.

Step 2 would be to join FS Developer where all of your questions have already been asked and answered in full detail. Most of the best modelers, texture artists and gauge programmers hang out and help one another. http://fsdeveloper.com

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator