Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

And the winner is...me...lowest end system!

48 minutes ago, AOB said:

Well I cannot beat the Commodore 64 with monochrome monitor in the "mine is smaller than yours" competition but ...... I installed FSW off of steam overnight to my Acer R II netbook. N3700 processor @ 1.60 ghz 4 gb Ram, Intel HD graphics 1 gb. Fired it up this morning and with all graphics automatically set to non existent I turned off advanced sky.  I then flew between my home airport at Parafield YPPF to Adelaide International YPAD and got a solid 11-14 FPS. Just out of curiosity I turned on anti aliasing after landing and it dropped a couple of FPS.

Will I do this again? Doubtful, but kudos to FSW for a smooth if somewhat jaggy flight. I never thought it would install let alone run.

Oh Oh we might have a new winner....me sad again! I think that processor might beat my i5, but I am not that well versed in processor's. It is nice to know though that at least, just maybe, people that have SOME lower end systems can at least use FSW. Mine is not somewhat jaggy on LOW settings or I would never use it. But I am still amazed that it work's on my MacBook Air with a Windows 10 partition. And that it at least worked on AOB's lower end laptop.

Funny, that some of the quote, lower frames people are getting on their mega system's, like in the 30's and 40's, I would be so happy to get these numbers :)

AOB might be the NEW winner....darn the luck!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ