Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Joystick disconnect fsx se

Hi Simmers

When my default flight loads it does so with the the joystick disconnected. Going in to controls I see the 'enable controller box" is unticked. Once I tick it everything is OK again but I need to do this every time a fire up the sim.

It only started yesterday and its win 7 system.

Anybody now why this sudden development?

ZORAN

Can't think why it would suddenly start, but most times when settings don't "stick" after closing the program it's to do with administrative rights. Make sure that when you start FSX you use the "Run as administrator" option.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you find out how this is happening, please tell me, because I have the opposite problem:

I use FSUIPC to assign my devices, sometimes just a joystick, sometimes yoke/quadrant/rudder/trimwheel, but if I start FSX with no controllers connected, it enables the checkbox.

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Can't think why it would suddenly start, but most times when settings don't "stick" after closing the program it's to do with administrative rights. Make sure that when you start FSX you use the "Run as administrator" option.

thanks I tired that but no joy.

50 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

If you find out how this is happening, please tell me, because I have the opposite problem:

I use FSUIPC to assign my devices, sometimes just a joystick, sometimes yoke/quadrant/rudder/trimwheel, but if I start FSX with no controllers connected, it enables the checkbox.

believe it or not you just solved my problem . When you mentioned FSUIPC it suddenly popped into my head that I use a launcher called sim starter that has a controls section. Had I look in there and of course that was switched to the off postion so I turned it back on and problem solved

However I also use FSUIPC, but I still check the controls box in fsx but just remove all the control axis in fsx as well so no conflict.

ZORAN