Sign in to follow this  
vatin

How is Elite simulation??

Hi simmers,

Has anyone tried Elite simulation (http://flyelite.com/)? Is it a viable option for today's flight sim? I got the impression that this should be an ultra realistic flight sim and I'm all for realism (flight dynamic, system simulation) rather than eye candy. There are extremely limited info about this sim online. Do you think this sim is worth looking into? Sorry for posting OT on MSFS forum, but I do not know where else to post.

I almost feel like this is an advertisement for Elite Simulations!  Have no problems though if it is a new product introduction. It does look like a viable option for today's flight sim.  The site has tons of information so see no reason for information about the products on other sites.  Our members need to know about new things in the FS World.  Looks like they have a new product released on 18 August.  How did you find out about it.  Just surfing?

I did find out one thing about them via Google though.  It's a complaint that was amicably resolved but it's the kind of searches and investigations one needs to conduct before buying expensive equipment - http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/elite-simulation-solutions/oviedo-florida-32765/elite-simulation-solutions-elite-flight-simulation-17000000-fraud-company-cancelled-w-1235813 .  I see they also have Elite Flight Simulation Centers where you can simulate flight.  There are more reviews about this company via Google - https://www.google.com/search?q=elite+flight+simulator+review&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP-tjt5-XVAhXG4yYKHYy2DmQQ1QIIowEoBw&biw=2637&bih=1203

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

How are Elite products? Expensive is what they are! :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

20 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Have no problems though if it is a new product introduction. It does look like a viable option for today's flight sim.  The site has tons of information so see no reason for information about the products on other sites.  Our members need to know about new things in the FS World. 

Well, actually, this is an old software package. I think the original version was released some 20 years ago...? It also uses the old RealityXP GNS with a database from 2011. Furthermore it is not compatible with Windows 8 or 10... Besides all that, the site also says "ELITE does NOT guar­an­tee com­pat­i­bil­ity with every com­puter sys­tem, even if spec­i­fi­ca­tions are fol­lowed. For this rea­son, we highly rec­om­mend pur­chas­ing your flight sim­u­la­tor com­puter through ELITE to ensure it is built to accom­mo­date ELITE soft­ware require­ments and com­pat­i­bil­ity" which doesn't sound too good to me. I don't think this is a viable option for home users.

Well, as a long time user of ELITE, since the early version, as full user since v7, and beta tester for ELITE Simulations ( now on v9 internal beta cycle which will bring lot's of interesting improvements ) I can only say that this is still my preferred IFR training tool.

I have two modules which I use - Throttle Quadrant and the GNS, allowing me to operate the GTS and GNS Garmin GPS units, and I own the full European scenery database.

I have run ELITE v7 and v8 in Win7, Win8 and Win 10 with no quirks.

The hardware modules can also be used with FSX, P3D and X-Plane ( all versions ).

Sometime ago I made a short review of version 8, which you may find interesting to read, in a link in this post:

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

41 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I have run ELITE v7 and v8 in Win7, Win8 and Win 10 with no quirks.

I stand corrected. Maybe Elite should update their site...? :happy:

43 minutes ago, jcomm said:

( now on v9 internal beta cycle which will bring lot's of interesting improvements )

Your review was written in February 2014 and I read "but I really look forward for V9, which will be available this year!" So 3 1/2 years have passed and it's still not there. And some say LM or IPACS are slow LOL :cool:

It's not the same market Jeroen.... ELITE doesn't do games - they sell their FNPTs all around the World, and their desktop version is actually the only of it's kind being sold by any similar Company. I'm glad they continue to support their desktop users.

ALSIM, for instance, completely dropped RTS-Pro, long ago...

Well, I know there's Simfinity :-) but not for my pocket :-)))

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...