Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

P3Dv4 stopping during long flight

All has been working well on short flights but I am having problems on long (>8hours) inter-continental flights.

Through elimination, I have found no problem with P3D on its own: my PMDG QOTS2 will fly until the fuel runs out.

The problem comes when I add OPUS (only OPUS nothing else). The simulator stops after about 7/8 hours with 

"P3D.exe has stopped working........."

The event viewer just says Faulting app. path is P3D.exe and faulting module the generic c:Windows\sys32\ntdll.dll (names shortened a bit for convenience).

I deleted my old OPUS as per the instructions, leaving the folder and installed the v5 (5.10.7) to the recommended  own folder.

OPUS fires up fine and recognises my license but  crashes P3D every time without fail but only after 7/8 hours continuous flying.

All the settings are default.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Ian Harrison

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Opus as a completely external program can have no direct influence on P3D.

Make sure you have the latest FSUIPC5 if using it. The only influence can be the injection of weather or the use of the SimConnect interface. Both operations are completely independent and external so the simulator will be inside P3D and not Opus and Opus has no direct contact nor does it operate within the P3D memory space.

Make sure you are starting Opus server correctly using the FSISERVER program and the correct program argument to activate the dotnet 4 libraries. For example,

c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE P3D4

Stephen

Thanks for the reply.

It seems I might have had the wrong .exe: I used FSIserver.exe and now I see there is one called P3Dserver.exe (not FSIserver.exe P3D4) is that the one?

No. You MUST use the FSISERVER.EXE start up program as this primes the libraries then activates the required FSX or P3D server program in the appropriate mode.

The P3D problem is most likely due to its handling of its own internal SimConnect interface, perhaps a slow memory leak etc..

Stephen

A few things you could try to get round this P3D problem...

You could use x2 time during parts of the flight to reduce the duration of the flight.

You could also try restarting OpusFSI half way through the flight, this hopefully will force P3D to completely reset its internal SimConnect interface.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, my VA does not allow accelerated flying. So I today tried re-starting OPUS mid flight and it still froze!

I will now try deleting my P3D .cfg file and let it re-build, just in case.

If that doesn't work, I will raise it  with P3D themselves and see what happens.

I would then only use OPUS for shorter flights.....not the end of the world.