Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Cannot install FSX SDK : error 1607 ( P3Dv4 installed )

Hi all,

For a bgl compile tool I need to have the FSX SDK isntalled. I have the DeLuxe Edition. 

However I do not have FSX installed as I use P3Dv4. When trying to install the FSX SDK I am getting an InstallShield error 1607....

Help is appriciated.

Gerard

Update :

Finally I was able to install by renaming Program Files (x86) / Common Files / InstallShield folder and let Windows make a new one...   

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds about right Gerard, without FSX SP1 - SP2 or Acceleration installed first, I doubt the installer can create the entries in the FSX.cfg or dll.xml, nor can it locate the Folder/File structure of a working FSX installation.

FSX SDK is a multipart installation first for SP1 and then for SP2 / Acceleration.

I believe you will need to install FSX / SP1  / SP2 or Acceleration, to get it installed properly, you will need to make sure you have run FSX SP1 SP2 or Accel at least once prior to installing the SDK/s and activated for each SP you will need to open Start the sim and load a flight to enable the [Trusted] dll's added to your FSX.cfg & dll.xml you will then be able to confirm that the FSX menu bar shows the SDK tools and that they work when selected.

I remember David (Opa Marshall)(deceased - God rest his wings) did a very good tutorial on the SDK installation, either here at AVSIM or Flightsim forum. You might need to search for it as I can't remember the link or topic name.

SDK installation procedure FSDev http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

• Upvote 1