Sign in to follow this  
CaptainLars

Fuel / Weights Confusion in Resumed Flight

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to P3D v4. The following problem occurs when you resume a saved flight: The aircraft gets confused with its weight and fuel.

For instance, I flew from UUEE to UWGG today. At some point during descent, my ATC program crashed, so I resumed the flight which was automatically saved 2 minutes ago. After that the aircraft is suddenly close to its max weight, while the displays show contradictory information: On the third CDU, where I make the FS Actions inputs, it says that I have about 74000kg of fuel loaded, in the line below, this is indicated as 100%. The fuel info on the EICAS reads the correct value, about 9400kg. Gross weight on the third CDU is shown as 260 tons, whereas 200 tons would be correct. The aircraft takes the incorrect weight and displays VRefs of 180kts and beyond. I'm not able to change the amount of fuel, only the percent value can be changed, for instance to "8", than the CDU displays around 7400kg, whereas the EICAS thinks the tanks are empty. An input of "10" results in 100% fuel, which the aircraft again thinks to be around 74 tons. Instead, the gross weight is even further increased, nearing 600 tons iirc.

I reloaded a second time, to no avail. Only after quitting and restarting the computer, the weights displayed correctly. This savegame was saved with my ATC program, BUT I have already experienced this resume-flight-bug with an ordinary P3D savegame. I even reinstalled the aircraft after this incidents (and others), because the first installation ended prematurely. The second went fine though (this time I had deactivated the licenses before).

You are describing what sounds like a corrupted panel state; however, since it worked after the reboot I wonder if you were exiting P3D completely and starting a new session before loading the saved scenario? My own preference for saved flights is to not use FSUIPC but rather just select save from the P3D menu.  I get away with this because crashes have become rare, I'll save before takeoff and before TOD and maybe once every 4 hrs on long trips.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, I didn't exit P4 before loading the save. This always worked in P3. You say this is necessary? Well, I never encountered such thing before.

57 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

No, I didn't exit P4 before loading the save. This always worked in P3. You say this is necessary? Well, I never encountered such thing before.

Yes, you can only load one scenario in a session.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Yes, you can only load one scenario in a session.

Thanks for the information. Is this new in P4?