Sign in to follow this  
rlashier

Aircraft Crashes Approaching KBWI terminal

Using P3Dv4 on my system, I've encountered unusual behavior at KBWI. When I approach the terminal and gates after a flight, the program reports the aircraft has crashed when I reach a point a couple hundred feet from the gates. Oddly, there is no vehicle or other obstruction present that would explain a crash occurring, and I am only taxiing at a very slow speed when the crash occurs. Initially, I thought it might be my A2A Cessna 182 and overly sensitive AccuSim, but the same behavior occurred with the default Bonanza A36. Deactivating "detect crashes" from the Realism menu avoids the crash, but this seem silly for just one airport.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it happening at other airports as well? I assume it is a bug in the software.

Rich

Is this an add on airport? This usually happens when someone left a tree object or a building object placed that is not visible. Many people turn off crash detection, they serve no useful purpose and just slow down your system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No add-on airport, just the default. Might as well turn off crash detection. It sure will reduce the maintenance costs for the A2A Cessna!

Hello, I'm having the same issues at KBWI. First encounter was taxiing to the terminal in A2A Constellation at end of flight. Just before turning off taxiway and turning for terminal the crash was detected. On next flight I tried many different gates in both stock Beach Baron 58 and in A2A Connie. I crash at each gate on spawn in. This is P3D v4 with FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, FTX Trees HD, ASP4, FSUIPC5 and LINDA. I'm not getting this in FSX-SE.

Roger

EDIT: Posted over at LM about this.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126717

Roger, Glad you reported this to LM, as it appears to be a programming error that they will need to fix in a future update. Happens with all aircraft as you near the gates. Especially irritating with the A2A birds if your trying to maintain the aircraft in AccuSim and stay out of harms way. 

Coming from a resident, I will also add that Baltimore doesn't need any more bad PR!

I just went back in and disabled all FTX scenery entries and still have the crash on spawn. I wanted to make sure it's not FTX causing the trouble.

Roger

44 minutes ago, rlashier said:

Coming from a resident, I will also add that Baltimore doesn't need any more bad PR!

I went to FEMA for some emergency management training with a local police Sargent and the high school principle (I was the Deputy Chief TO at the local volunteer FD), years ago and after training we went down the Eastern Seaboard and spent a day in Baltimore. They were having a Tall Ship event that weekend and the U.S. Constitution was there. It was a great day for me. Good memories! The sound of the ships firing their cannons in the bay was fantastic as it echoed throughout the harbor and city.