Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Juggling two sims

Been a few weeks now since I got my new system.  It's been a (pleasurable) struggle to decide which sim to use--P3d or XP11.  What I love about XP-11 is the default landclass, autogen and mesh.  It looks very real, and now I tend to fly the Columbia due to its speed.  I always thought that was a strong point of the sim, and the flight dynamics seem very good now.  P3dV4, I love the way I can integrate photoreal scenery with their product, which I know can be done in XP-11, I prefer P3d because it has greater visibility in clear weather.  It's a tough call between the sims, tend to like XP11 for GA flying now, and P3d for flights in the flight levels, plus flying my ultralight trike.  My struggle now is I can't figure out how to post screenshots anymore--I try and I fail.  I have Onedrive but I have yet to link an image from there to the screenshots forum.  I love sharing screenshots of my flights, have tried to follow the steps for posting there, but no luck since the forums were changed.  Maybe someday someone will give me a hand.

John

Hi John,

In the AVSIM Screenshot Forum, you will see a pinned topic on how to post images.  I use Oz (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/) to upload my images to and they provide a BBCode link to embed the images into any forum.  You just copy the link and paste it into the topic in the screenshot forum.  We do not accept HTML links for security reasons.  Every hosting site provide BBCode links.  I think the current size limit at most hosting sites is 4MB's per image.  Besides our site, there are many other places on the Internet that have instructions on embedding images into forums as this is the preferred method.  Here's one link - http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Images-in-BBCode

What I like is the ease of uploading an image to a hosting site.  Most allow you to simply go to the image on your computer and drag it to an upload icon on the hosting site.  Then they immediately ask you if you want a link to the image.  Just look for BBCode embedding links.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks much Jim, I will try OZ out.  I used to use Photobucket but they no longer seem to provide BBCode links in their hosted images.  Maybe they call it something else now, but it seems to have changed.

John

Go here: https://imgur.com/

Create an account and then take your screenshot and upload it there. When it is uploaded, right click on it and choose 'copy image address', then paste in your post in the screenshot forum.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here