Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

PF3 - VFR

After some time I made a VFR flight again with PF3 and MCE. To make it short, it seems there still is some work to do. I don't want to go deeper right now because it will take some more testing for myself and you already stated in the other thread that you are working on the CRJ integration right now what probably has priority anyway (what I totally understand).

So just one major problem for now: Apparently MCE sends the "say again" hotkey instead of the "roger" hotkey each time I readback a command, or say "roger" or "copy". Seems only to happen with a VFR flightplan.

Would you please have a look at that.

To add one more thing that is is consistently not working:

The takeoff request is not understood. "ready for departure", "ready for takeoff", "requesting takeoff", "requesting takeoff clearance" do not work. If there is a reaction at all MCE sends a request for a different runway.

I seem to remember these phrases worked fine for me with an IFR flightplan.

On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 3:47 PM, RALF9636 said:

So just one major problem for now: Apparently MCE sends the "say again" hotkey instead of the "roger" hotkey each time I readback a command, or say "roger" or "copy". Seems only to happen with a VFR flightplan.

Would you please have a look at that.

A strange finding here. The above problem occurred when I had assigned "Q" as Roger Key and "CTRL+SHIFT+Q" as Say Again Key. I changed the Say Again Key to "R" and the problem is gone.

Changed it back and forth to test several times and I can recreate this every time.

Is it possible that when MCE sends "Q" it simultaneously sends all CTRL / Shift combinations of Q simultaneously in the latest build? I had the Q / C+S+Q combination assigned earlier without that Problem, I think.

Tested with 2.7.27 and callsign "Cessna 25K":

I have now assigned "R" as "Say again"-hotkey in PF3. I also have assigned "CTRL-SHIFT-R" for "Look to the right" in Chaseplane. Now when I request "say again for Cessna 25K" with the PTT pressed not only do I get the repeated ATC message but also I look to the right. So apparently MCE sends the correct R-key but also sends CTRL-SHIFT-R. This does not happen when I manually press "R". Neither does it happen when I ask the FO "request say again please".

Apart from that the overall recognition rate of ATC commands with the PTT button pressed is unsatisfactory. As I and others already reported elsewhere the recognition rate without the PTT pressed - FO commands, GSX commands, Voxkey commands - is close to 100%. But for ATC commands with the PTT pressed the recognition rate is only about 50 %.

In particular with these requests the recognition rate is quite poor:

"Ready to taxi" ("ready for taxi" sometimes works better)

"Ready for departure" (or "Ready for takeoff" - mostly results in a request for a different runway)

"With you" ("On frequency" seems to work better)

"To land" (Checking in on Tower frequency for landing)

"Request taxi to parking" ("request taxi to gates" seems to work better, whereas "request taxi to gate" seems not to be recognized at all).

These transmissions are never recognized:

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

I created Voxkey commands for all the above problematic requests. I use these Voxkey commands (without the PTT button of course) if MCE keeps failing to recognize my request with the PTT button pressed. The Voxkey commands are recognized every time.

Maybe you can find the time to look into this if you ever get tired of integrating new aircraft ;-)

One more question: Is there a way to disable the automatic GSX recognition? I don't want to be greeted by Simon or his colleagues with the offer of catering services when I have landed in a Cessna 182 on a small unpaved airfield.

Best regards and many thanks!

Ralf

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

"Ready for departure" (or "Ready for takeoff" - mostly results in a request for a different runway)

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

I have those problems also; the former also when flying IFR.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I have now assigned "R" as "Say again"-hotkey in PF3. I also have assigned "CTRL-SHIFT-R" for "Look to the right" in Chaseplane. Now when I request "say again for Cessna 25K" with the PTT pressed not only do I get the repeated ATC message but also I look to the right. So apparently MCE sends the correct R-key but also sends CTRL-SHIFT-R. This does not happen when I manually press "R". Neither does it happen when I ask the FO "request say again please".

Apart from that the overall recognition rate of ATC commands with the PTT button pressed is unsatisfactory. As I and others already reported elsewhere the recognition rate without the PTT pressed - FO commands, GSX commands, Voxkey commands - is close to 100%. But for ATC commands with the PTT pressed the recognition rate is only about 50 %.

In particular with these requests the recognition rate is quite poor:

"Request taxi to parking" ("request taxi to gates" seems to work better, whereas "request taxi to gate" seems not to be recognized at all).

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

I created Voxkey commands for all the above problematic requests. I use these Voxkey commands (without the PTT button of course) if MCE keeps failing to recognize my request with the PTT button pressed. The Voxkey commands are recognized every time.

Maybe you can find the time to look into this if you ever get tired of integrating new aircraft ;-)

One more question: Is there a way to disable the automatic GSX recognition? I don't want to be greeted by Simon or his colleagues with the offer of catering services when I have landed in a Cessna 182 on a small unpaved airfield.

Best regards and many thanks!

Ralf

Make sure "Pf3.exe" i set to run as admin so it is guaranteed to update "pf3.ini" (on which MCE relies for reading last assigned hokeys).

We'll try to improve the speech grammar.

As for these...

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

... I'm not even sure whether they are implemented for PF3.

It's mostly the IFR flying that is well tested.

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

One way, is to use option in "mce.ini"....

[RAMP]

NoGreeting=1

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

Make sure "Pf3.exe" i set to run as admin so it is guaranteed to update "pf3.ini" (on which MCE relies for reading last assigned hokeys).

It is.

As for these...

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

... I'm not even sure whether they are implemented for PF3.

These are hotkeys 2, 3, and 4 for Tower.

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

One way, is to use option in "mce.ini"....

[RAMP]

NoGreeting=1

Thanks. Will try that.

I think I will be going to have two different mce.ini files for Airline and for GA flying.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:03 AM, RALF9636 said:

"Entering downwind"

"Turning Base"

"Turning Final".

Ralf

The downwind, base leg and final position announcements were already implemented.

Download this file, unzip and replace a couple of grammar files in \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\ folder.